Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im checking out ebay for new headlights and want to know which set on there is prolly the best.

I want smoked but im not for paying 250 for projectors so lets keep them the stock look just smoked.

There are like 50 diferent sellers so what you guys think?

I like these cuz they come with xenon bulbs.... anybody know the K on them?

1999 2000 FORD MUSTANG SMOKED HEADLIGHTS XENONS SET NEW:eBay Motors (item 180412984735 end time Oct-04-09 20:57:21 PDT)

Anybody recommend from a different seller? looking to buy for around or preferably under 100 for a set.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Id just like an idea on if the headlights may be crap....

I don't know if every seller is selling quality stuff or not.

I just want a stock look smoked for a fair price.

I dried and resealed my headlights and ill be damned if the left headlight is still gathering moister from somewhere.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
They seem ok to me. Although I bought a set off eBay 2 months ago, and sealed them with silicone. They still condensate; I've sealed them 3 times now and they still keep condensating. I'm just going to buy a pair of OEM ones.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any idea why they condensate? Its really annoying/ embarrassing. I siliconed both sides and its not helping for the left side at all.

Maybe the boot is rotted. I guess a new set is best. If I wanted OEM wheres the best place to get them or is Ford the only place?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
and ive been around parts and my dads body shop since born. These aftermarket lights are definitely up to par for me on fitment/looks/etc.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
the 200 smoked ones from AM.com are nice. I got thoughs...with the smoked fogs.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I got some off smokedheadlightdepo on ebay and never had a problem. they were great. didnt even have to reseal them. if you want I can look back into my records and find them for you. they were like 120

·
Registered
210 Posts
i have some blacked out ones.. lince is clear but housing is black. but i baked mine and pulled them apart and took out the gay blinker reflector looks real good ...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I plan to get some new ones for christmas myself and have been looking on ebay. I bought lights for my 96 on ebay back in the day and had zero issues. I want non projectors and I would like to get something slightly darker than the stock lens and also have a non amber reflector. Any suggestions? I think the ones on ebay are exactly equal in quality to the ones on americanmuscle.com they even recommend to reseal them too.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Blitz, i just looked and thats where i got mine from. you can see them in my sig

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
look in my sig at them too.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
mine are darker than bakers

·
WHOOP!
3,145 Posts
They seem ok to me. Although I bought a set off eBay 2 months ago, and sealed them with silicone. They still condensate; I've sealed them 3 times now and they still keep condensating. I'm just going to buy a pair of OEM ones.
That's not good. I was going to buy those...

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
if i needed headlights again, no doubt i go with the ones i posted for a 3rd time!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
not bad but would like to see a "real" picture of them.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts