Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this happen to anyone else? I have noticed my '08 GTs headlights will come on by themselves. It happens like the vehicle is being unlocked without the button being pushed. I was at the car wash keys laying in the cup holder and the lights came on while i was rinsing and went off after a few seconds. An hour later I was sitting at a restaurant and it happened twice in a 15 minute time frame. This happens only when the vehicle is not running. Someone said it could be the key fob messing up but I lock my car at night and my car is still locked the next morning and my keys stay in range of the car. Could this be something to do with the security system like a reminder that my doors are still unlocked? Or should this be a question that I need to talk to my local dealer about?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Interesting, sounds like an electrical issue with the system. I have never heard of anyone's S197 doing that.

not sure about you 05-09 guys but do you have auto lights that sense night or rain?
Nope.. I wish it did most of the time! I wish we also had an auto locking feature, too!

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Don 't feel too bad.. my wipers are strictly mechanical in my jeep.
Meaning any ass could randomly turn them on if I left the doors off to cut out the battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts