Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you go about cleaning the film off of your headlights? I have been told that some people wet sand and then buff them out, but I need some details!

what grit sandpaper
what buffing compound
etc

·
Registered
468 Posts
meguires makes a clear plastic polish that works decent

·
Registered
468 Posts
honestly i would just buy new ones

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Ya just buy new ones. maybe some aftermarket smoked one.

·
Registered
468 Posts
i heard aftermarket ones leak so u can either seal em up or go with oem smoked ones

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
If you use a high grit wet sand paper, starting at like 800 grit and working your way up from there you will see the fog/scratches disappear... from there if you use some plastic buffing compound you should be able to lift all the hazyness out of them...

IF you do go with some aftermarket ones you will need to seal them. I have heard of people using some marine sealers and high quality sealents

·
Registered
170 Posts
yah i bought a new pair not long ago and they came out bad...water got inside them..now i gotta buy a new pair..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Noticed last week that now Wal-mart sells the same kit. advertised in the magazines, with "everything" you need to refurbish the lenses for $19.95.
Supposed to work, but don't know anyone that's used it. If you gotta replace them, anyway, it may be worth trying.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all of the help....

they are not that bad... i was just going to try and clean them up a little more

1 - 10 of 10 Posts