Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i decided i want to do a black interior conversion to my car, and i was wondering what all was involved in it, the headliner in particular. will i have to remove the windshield and rear glass? instead of buying a black headliner, would i be better of dying the one i have now?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i dont know if i have seen a black headliner being sold......if yours is in good condition i would just dye it..

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
No glass, just the trim around the roof and any side trim that prevents the roof trim from coming off. The headliner is a piece of cardboard with material glued to it. Once you get all of the trim panals off, you can carefully pull the four or five plastic things down that are holding it up. If you are successful without damaging the cardboard backing, you can remove the old material and glue new stuff on and reverse the process to get it back on. If you damage the cardboard or do not want the hassle of removing and replacing the material on the cardboard, you should look into an aftermarket ABS plastic replacement kit specific to your year that already has the material attached.

On that note...While you are searching around, if you find any vinyl headliner material let me know. All I can find is the cloth based material.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info.. BTW, 50resto has black headliners

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
you might just get a cloth one from them......i didnt realize they had black.....when i looked a while back i thot they only had stock colors

1 - 7 of 7 Posts