Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried asking in the 05-09 forum and didn't get much of any info. I fit 2005 seats in my 2003, and just fit 2013 premium leather on them. My issue is headrests, the new covers I've got are for adjustable head rests, my headrests aren't. I need to know if I can fit 2013 headrests in my seats, thinkin not since the new leather had skinnier holes then my old, but I need to verify. Can someone pop off a headrest and measure the distance between the posts for me? Think that'd be easier then dropping a couple hundred on something I can't use lol. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
370 Posts
mine is a 2011...but I think the headrests are the same.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
Alright, will head to the basement, smoke a cigarette and measure it for you, I have a 2013

EDIT: sorry couldn't find the tool for measurement at home :( will do it tomorrow at work for you

·
Behold the black horse...
847 Posts
The distance BETWEEN the posts of my headrest is 5 1/2 inches.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
gay, were about 3/4 inch difference. I'll have to figure something else out there. thanks for your help, reps to all for saving me money haha.

it ain't too bad with the 05 covers, just need the stichhing to match.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
That's weird, my tool said its 6 1/4, I measured it today at work, want me to post pictures?

·
Behold the black horse...
847 Posts
That's weird, my tool said its 6 1/4, I measured it today at work, want me to post pictures?
He asked for the distance BETWEEN the posts. You started measuring at the beginning of the post. That is why I said 5 1/2 and you had 6 1/4. They are the same.

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
The fully adjustable headrests are on the 12+ Mustangs. The 10s and 11s still had the only height adjustable headrests. I see someone already got you the measurements but if you're trying to find a set from a junkyard or something, just make sure you're looking at 2012 or 2013s.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right but the spacing is the same, 05-09 was wider so I can do the stock adjustable ones from a newer. Looks like I just need 10 or 11 to have matching leather and stitching. Not sure why they'd have made em different like that when the seats are almost identical.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts