Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, finally getting around to finishing up my motor, have another project thread for that, bit what do you guys think about the DSS full port heads with a set of hp292 blower cams, that's the setup I'm leaning towards now. And gonna pull the trigger in heads and cams this week! Any other recommendations? Better setups? Any and all input is appreciated!

·
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
3,444 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only thing I don't like about the trickflows are that they still use stainless valves and have the tounge in the combustion chamber, but I'll be on a blower setup and just want the best cam for my monkey

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
The only thing I don't like about the trickflows are that they still use stainless valves and have the tounge in the combustion chamber, but I'll be on a blower setup and just want the best cam for my monkey
What's wrong with stainless valves? They're smaller valves and you're not turning high rpms so you're good to go. Trick Flow is the way to go with a 2v

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And by the time you spend money on upgrading the springs, porting them, bronze guides and all the works, 4 grand is a little much for a set of mod heads to make decent power

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nothing bad at all, just that A lot of guys saying "oh its just a regrind", but the HP can really has my attention, It seems like it would work well with my blower for the money

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
I think baker picked up 84hp with HP292's alone. I make good power with my blower set up. They may be a regrind, but a damn good one at that.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow! That's a good bit of power! I guess I'll be ordering a set then! Now are they the hp 292 or the HP 292s, I want the blower can, and will I need washers or new lash adjusters?

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
HP cams make good power. CMS Stage 3 and MPH cams also make good power. Two local guys gained 79 and 84rwhp on stock heads with MPH blower cams.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts