Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okey so as maybe some of you notice i reccently sold my ported and polished heads and intakes, and since then numerous people have been asking where the porting was done if i could get stuff ported for them as well. Luckily the guy who did all my porting is a very good friend of mine and has had two years experience at the car quest machine shop in town. He no longer works there but he still does some porting on the side. After talking with him, he agreed to offer porting services over the internet with me. All his porting is gasket matched, in as far as possible. I have pictures from the porting he did on my car as well as from a 3.4l camaro he did for a friend of mine. We will pay to ship the stuff back, and clean them up as well, but you must provide shipping to us, and a neccasary gaskets to match to. So heres the prices...

V6
heads- $115 (both, no valve or bowl work)
lower intake- $65
upper intake- $60
throttle body- $60 (porting and halfshafting)
Eveverything together- $280

2v GT
heads- $150
lower intake- $85
upper intake- $80
throttle body- $65
everything together- $360

pm me for pics

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
come on the valve works half the fun

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Check your email :]

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
make sure to get some valve work done if you get him to port the heads, without the valve work porting the heads wont do nearly as much

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, ive been talking to the guy and he says he doesnt want to do any valve work, i couldnt talk him into it. I dont think he is as comfortable with the valve work because someone else always did it when he worked for the machine shop

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He says he will clean and lap the valves for a little extra but thats all.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
well its better then nothing, and its not that bad of a price to get it done, but after he gets done doing his thing, id get some valve work done

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
how long is the turn around, since I wanna get my tC TB ported soon

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
turn aroun for porting and halfshafting a throttle body would probally be sent back out the same day it is recieved. A full set of heads, intakes, and tb is about 3-4 days

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
You need to post pics of the heads & intakes.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
okey so i forgot to mention that the heads pricing was assuming the heads were dissasembled prior to shipping. if not, it will be another $30 for V6, and $40 for V8 for dissembly and the reassembly

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
okey all i have right now is the heads, and intakes that came off my car. This is pretty much how they came off the car i didnt really get a chance to clean them up any because i then sold them right away. So yes they are dirty and that makes them look bad but you can see the porting
upper intake
Mustang - 00 upper porting
lower intake
Mustang - 00 lower porting
heads
Mustang - 00 head porting
I will get some more pictures of a 3.4 v6 camaro engine he is doing right now. So far throttle body and lower intake is done, i will post those pictures tonight. And everything will be cleaned after porting, the pictures i posted were not cleaned

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
this will get moved
so hes doing ported heads with NO bowl work what so ever. that dangerous
so while he porting and he knicks the valve seat on accident what do we do?
opps sorry? also what if he hits a valve stem?

do they have to ship the stuff to you?
how big are the ports, what kinda finish is it? just ported no sanding polish?

also not to be a dick but didnt he port your heads and intake and you hated your setup and did nothing but complain? is that what everyone will expect

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
torres, you say your not trying be be a dick but every post i have ever seen you make is you being a dick.
If he hits a seat of stem he will take it in to get it fixed
Yes, they ship the stuff to me
The ports are matched to the gaskets, and have a semi rough finish on the intake, and a mirror finish on exhaust

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
also i liked my steup just fine, I has some issues with the cam being to big and then a cam gear going out but nothing to do with the porting whatso ever you obviously are just pissed that your not the only one offering porting.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea, he is just mad because im offering lower prices and wants everyone to just come to him, i on the other hand dont care im just trying to do it to help people out and thats why prices are so low

1 - 20 of 29 Posts