Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
i really doubt it..i've got full bolt on's, and i'd be lucky to see 225 at the wheels, with a cam and intake manifold i might get it to 245 or so...so to answer you question i seriously doubt it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay i just want to wake this truck up what would you say a set of gt40 heads and a e303 cam and edelbrock truck intake what do you all think?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
depends what kinda exhaust and stuff??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a bassinai y pipe 3in and edelbrock performer cat back dual with high flow cat and EM legal flow tech headers already

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
with the H/C/I you mentioned i'd say would probably see about 35-40 HP gain over where you are now...i'm sure someone else will have some input on it too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
which gt40 heads are you lookin at? the cast off of an explorer or the aluminum aftermarket heads? you wont see 350 with any of those stock cast heads. atleast not with a stock bottom end

·
Registered
540 Posts
It really doesn't matter if you're thinking of using e cam. You wont be happy either way. That cam is not good in a light Mustang, so how could it be good on a heavier truck.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
i was thinking ford racing turbo swirl GT40 heads? yay or nay?
Not bad and an improvement over E7's and the iron gt40's but... IMO, they are not worth the cost new. You could buy some nice used TF or AFR's in the same price range.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
It really doesn't matter if you're thinking of using e cam. You wont be happy either way. That cam is not good in a light Mustang, so how could it be good on a heavier truck.
I wonder as well but a lot of people do it. Cheap and plentiful?

·
Registered
63 Posts
well my guess would be he's lookin for a good bottom end in so the e would be an ok choice. you could def find a better set of heads for that price. twisted wedge requires a different set of pistons if i remember correctly or maybe only with a bigger cam.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ya i just want to be able to hit the pedal and go good and still pull my four wheelers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts