Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 94 gt with a procharger and flowmaster with h pipe but basically everything else is stock. What type of head is best to give me more HP?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
if your trying to get alot ofpower from heads, have them ported..i have twisted wedge and they're great..gt40's are also nice

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Trick Flow, Canfield and AFR all make a good head.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any other engine mods that would work well? How much hp can the stock drivetrain handle before it needs to be beefed up?

·
Banned
3,784 Posts
depends how you drive...might want to rebuid your transmission and rearend...

5k launches on sticky tires is bound to break some stock stuff :lol

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
if you bang gears, your bound to blow it up..ive seen t-5's taking 500hp all day..if your going to get heads, you might want to look into the kits that come with heads, upper and lower intake and cam... look around for prices on it

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
if you bang gears, your bound to blow it up..ive seen t-5's taking 500hp all day..if your going to get heads, you might want to look into the kits that come with heads, upper and lower intake and cam... look around for prices on it
T-5 handling 500hp really depends on the driver..ive seen it with two cars...but i wouldnt suggest it..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what hp increases can i expect out of these mods?are they worth the money? My friend that i bought it from said it dynoed at 298 at the rear wheel with 80,000 miles on the car. Does this number seem about right? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
T-5 handling 500hp really depends on the driver..ive seen it with two cars...but i wouldnt suggest it..
If you drive like a sissy a stock T5 will last a long time. But driving like a sissy really defeats the purpose of building alot of horsepower.....

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
If you drive like a sissy a stock T5 will last a long time. But driving like a sissy really defeats the purpose of building alot of horsepower.....
your right,i really dont understand how they did it..they ran good numbers at the track though..i have less power and i blew mine up 1st run at the track ..i knew it was my weak link but it held up just fine on the street

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Afr makes one of the best quality heads in the industry. AFR hands down.
Pretty strong comment coming from a guy that doesn't even have AFR heads on his engine. What data do you base your information on? AFR does make a good head but I wouldn't go as far as to say AFR hands down.

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
Pretty strong comment coming from a guy that doesn't even have AFR heads on his engine. What data do you base your information on? AFR does make a good head but I wouldn't go as far as to say AFR hands down.

he saw that article where the guy put afr's on his 302 and made 100 more hp :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts