Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like it's coming from the rear right, could the break pad be wearing out? Been a short while since I've taken her in for any maintenance work... :sorry

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:bump

Also, should I not go to drag racing friday night with this issue? Or should I be okay if it isn't hindering me on city streets?

·
Registered
691 Posts
what kinda noise is it? im having the same type of issue from what sounds to be the same area and im getting my car into ford first thing tomorrow morning. if no1 has an answer for you and youre getting the same kinda noise i should be able to help once i get the verdict.

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, not only is it only noticeable when braking, it's only like when I'm almost stopped, especially when I stop letting the engine help me stop and the clutch is held in. When I'm slowing down, I usually downshift to let the engine help me stop for less brake wear, especially since I started hearing the noise. It's not quite a grind sound, maybe a grind/rub mix, I dunno how to describe it. It isn't super loud, either, can't hear it unless the stereo is really quiet or off. :dunno

·
Registered
691 Posts
exactly the same as mine.....only way i can think to describe it is kinda a creaking noise

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Creaking! Perfect! :yes

...aaand, I'm retarded, considering the word 'creaking' is in the title of your thread and I didn't notice that until just now. :banghead

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
what do your rotors look like? how much is left on the pads?

·
Registered
176 Posts
check the caliper, mine locked up one winter night. i chaulked it up to ice, which was stupid as the wheel was even hot. but i took it apart regreased with synthetic caliper grease and 20,000 mi later no more issue.

·
Registered
691 Posts
21411 you were basically dead on. incon its a caliper issue, mine isnt grabbing correctly, its sticking which is causing it to make that creaking noise. instead of the 770 ford wanted to charge me to redo all my rear brake stuff ill be picking up some synthetic caliper grease :) sounds like a much better plan

·
Registered
691 Posts
well theres no way in hell i woulda spent the money ford wanted me too but i definetly woulda looked into the price of a new caliper to throw on there

·
Registered
91 Posts
just make sure you tighten and torque those damned caliper bolts down if you take em off... had mine fall out some how? not a happy time!

·
Registered
889 Posts
just make sure you tighten and torque those damned caliper bolts down if you take em off... had mine fall out some how? not a happy time!
same here.. retorque them REALLY Well.... one of mine fell out. Luckily I was able to get one by the guys at Blow By Racing having some extras laying around... but FORD said in order to get that bolt, I'd have to buy the entire caliper LOL!!!!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
^ wow really??? i just got a whole new kit for that caliper only cost like 5 bucks at autozone worked perfect! torqued them suckers down like no other haha

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I replied in mygrabber's thread, but I prolly shoulda put it here, rofl.

"Lucky, not the case for me...rear pads are stupid low, stupid me. Barely down to the rotor on one, thus the sound. Is replacing the brakepads doable/recommended for an inexperienced person in regards to doing their own work on their cars?"

1 - 20 of 40 Posts