Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
just mailed out my old one the other day.

do you need to know if it will fit somewhere?

what car do you have, and where do you want to put it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
ohh ok.

ill try to get you demensions of my LFP which is alot bigger than stock.

i also have another LFP off my friends car for sale for $200 shipping.

a stock one will probably run you $75-150 shipped.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks for the help. The width is the only concern. As long as it's narrower than the radiator, it will work. 928's have a pretty wide radiator so I'm optimistic it will work.

I called the local Ford dealership for the info. It took a while for him to believe me the Mustang had a heat exchanger for the superchager.....then he quoted me $767!! They are also getting $671 for the intercooler pump for the GT. The Renntech IC pump for the McLaren SLR is only $130.

Ah well, the Porsche dealerships are not any better.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
ever though of also running a trunk mounted IC resevoir with like a 5 gallon setup, and a aftermarket HE.

i have both a mezier high output pump, and a LFP heat exchanger that will work for you.

the LFP single pass i have sitting in my garage is 29 3/4" long, 6" tall, and almost 3" deep.

for $325 shipped i could sell you the heat exchanger, and the mezier pump.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are using the factory windshield washer tank which is 3 gallons, fits nice in the fedner so I'm sticking with that. Along with a Bosh pump that is working good, fits right into the bottom of the tank. I've just been researching other options.

That LFP one sounds promising. What kind of boost do you feel it handles up to?

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
with that 3 gallon tank your going to want something bigger than a bosche pump.

also, the windshieldwasher tank probably wont work, it needs to be able to handle 15 pounds of pressure, its going to just blow coolant out of it.

with a good size resevoir, the LFP single is probably sufficient to about 750RWHP or so. with a smaller resevoir i'd say 700RWHP

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate the help, but trust me, the tank we are using is fine. We have two cars running over 600rwhp using these tanks. The lead test car of the group will be going from 22psi to 30psi real soon, switched from a Novi 3,000 blower to a Procharger (not sure the model).
Other cars are over 500rwhp using the same tank and the Bosch pump.

I'm the newest comer to this project, my car is not setup the same as theirs so the heat exchanger they are using does not fit very well on my car (earlier model). Reason why I'm looking into the Ford unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts