Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i still add these to my car? When i went to buy my car this was the only G.O. They had. I didnt think too much of it until recently. Cold leather seats in the morning ftl. Any who any one have any idea at how much im looking at?

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
not sure how much they cost but they sure are nice to have your ass warmat 25 degrees. +1 leather seats in the cold= FTL

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
There are plenty of places that will add heated seats aftermarket, just like there are plenty of places that will install leather if your leather gets bad or cloth gets annoying. Any dealer will be able to refer you to at least one or two places they use....

Or open up the yellow pages to "Automobile Upholstery".

·
Registered
137 Posts
Have it done by an aftermarket shop. I have the factory heated seats and I can give you three good reasons not to get them.

1. They only stay on for about ten minutes.
2. No high/low switch like every other heated seat I have owned.
3. You can't leave them switched on when you get out of the car, this is a nice feature if you have remote start.

The stealership will probably rape you anyway!

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Have it done by an aftermarket shop. I have the factory heated seats and I can give you three good reasons not to get them.

1. They only stay on for about ten minutes.
2. No high/low switch like every other heated seat I have owned.
3. You can't leave them switched on when you get out of the car, this is a nice feature if you have remote start.

The stealership will probably rape you anyway!
they all only stay for 10 minutes its a safety issue. If you have a set that will stay on forever **** luck with that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
they all only stay for 10 minutes its a safety issue. If you have a set that will stay on forever **** luck with that.
Negative. The seats in my 03 Jetta had 5 levels of heat, and even on the highest setting would stay on until you turned them off. Of course, they burned me (as in the element melted through the seat cover) and were replaced under warranty, then again under recall, but they do exist. All the models I have seen don't cut off, they just have different levels you can toggle between.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
I cant believe they dont have High/Low!! That sucks Ford couldnt do that, especially since its an option.
And I know of quite a few vehicles where they stay on longer than 10 min. That sucks too.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Negative. The seats in my 03 Jetta had 5 levels of heat, and even on the highest setting would stay on until you turned them off. Of course, they burned me (as in the element melted through the seat cover) and were replaced under warranty, then again under recall, but they do exist. All the models I have seen don't cut off, they just have different levels you can toggle between.
exactly they burned you and that is why ford doesnt do it.

And as for the different levels i had that on a ford explorer and i have it on my jeep and i think its stupid, i just want the damn thing to warm up my seat i dont need 5 different choices so i feel like im powerful. but hey mayby its just me. Its not hard to push the button again after 10 minutes to avoid the passenger seat heater being left on and burning your seat. But good luck, i still say for resale value of the car, a ford oem installation would be best. just my humble opinion.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
Welcome to Katzkin

here ya go.....you can get your heated and also cooled seats among other things. custom seat covers also. might be a bit pricey, but they are some of the nicest i've seen.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
There are alot of companys that make heated seats that you can leave on for as long as you want. Audis are the same way they are adj from a scale of 1-5 and dont shut off till you shut them off. I have taken a 2 hour trip with them on level 3 (med) and no issues of melting or burning....

·
Registered
24 Posts
exactly they burned you and that is why ford doesnt do it.

And as for the different levels i had that on a ford explorer and i have it on my jeep and i think its stupid, i just want the damn thing to warm up my seat i dont need 5 different choices so i feel like im powerful. but hey mayby its just me. Its not hard to push the button again after 10 minutes to avoid the passenger seat heater being left on and burning your seat. But good luck, i still say for resale value of the car, a ford oem installation would be best. just my humble opinion.

It was a dig at VW's suppliers, which is ultimately why I got rid of a car I absolutely loved (I had a NUMBER of issues with faulty parts - like the turn signal relay getting replaced six times - and a cold start issue that never went away). The part was recalled. Plenty of manufacturers have implemented them just fine.

The different levels are exactly what you would want in a seat. Set it to its highest level to warm you up, then lower it to sustain the warmth. My next car will have them. Period.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Can i still add these to my car? When i went to buy my car this was the only G.O. They had. I didnt think too much of it until recently. Cold leather seats in the morning ftl. Any who any one have any idea at how much im looking at?
Katzkins are excellent quality for there leather, I havent used them for heated seats though. It should at most cost about $250 per seat maybe less if you do both.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
07stanggt - if you bring the stang to the dealer to install the heated seats, they'll merely send the car to an aftermarket place to install aftermarket seat heaters. It's just how dealers work. They don't generally install that stuff, that's not their specialization. Which is why they also don't operate car detailing clinics or body work shops.

The only ways you can get the factory seat heaters installed is, well, installed from the factory. Or find out what system they use and try to find an aftermarket version. Which leads back to finding an aftermarket installer.... :)

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
07stanggt - if you bring the stang to the dealer to install the heated seats, they'll merely send the car to an aftermarket place to install aftermarket seat heaters. It's just how dealers work. They don't generally install that stuff, that's not their specialization. Which is why they also don't operate car detailing clinics or body work shops.

The only ways you can get the factory seat heaters installed is, well, installed from the factory. Or find out what system they use and try to find an aftermarket version. Which leads back to finding an aftermarket installer.... :)
Jeep dealer did install my factory heated seats. I wanted a blue grand cherokee with v8, tow package, moonroof, 10disc cd changer, the only had one that had all that except the leather seats werent heated. I said thanks anyway ill go to another dealer, they said we will put them in for you. They gave me a voucher that day, i left with my jeep and they called me when the parts came in i took it back, dropped it off and picked it up later that same day.

·
Registered
500 Posts
what about if ur leather happens to be red :(

·
Registered
11,947 Posts

I was thinking, not to disagree with you brother, but what if my stang seat heater broke, the dealership would have to install another one right? unless they are going to replace it with something aftermarket.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts