Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to install a heater core because my fox doesnt have one. However i dont know how its fastened in the engine bay so my question is ,... can someone post pics of that area by the firewall so i can see how the fittment/ fastening is etc...

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so after further investigating i seemed to believe the heater core is in the firewall???

any help with this install would be excellent

·
Registered
301 Posts
you have to pull out the whole dash. its on the passenger side i believe. Good luck, youll need it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
yep the dash has to come out its about a 5 hr job so be ready and yes its on the pass. side

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
you might as well pull the seats to make it easier.....and you gota take out the console also

·
Registered
294 Posts
I don't believe the core itself mounts to anything other than the firewall and the hoses coming out of it. The core itself sits in a box under the dash. If your car does not have one, there may be some other parts you will need as well. Like the others said, good luck...

·
Registered
706 Posts
I replaced my heater core without taking the dash out...u just have to loosen all the bolts, have some one lift the dash up and feyness it outta there. It is a pain in the ass tho lemme tell ya.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
IHave gotten them out with out removing the dash and used bunge cords to hold it back and take out the passenger seat in about 3 hours or you could get a hanes maneal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts