Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im lookin it over in my bokk before i start and it says to remove the center console and dash and a bunch of hoses for the a/c, is all that neccesary?

·
Registered
371 Posts
ok im lookin it over in my bokk before i start and it says to remove the center console and dash and a bunch of hoses for the a/c, is all that neccesary?

i cant remember if i removed all the ac stuff but most of it, and yes for me i had to take the center console and dash out, if i dont ill have busted up knucles the next day, haha....

ive had people tell me though when i posted about heater core install that the dash can just be proped up and not fully removed, so whatever you feel comfortable with id say do it

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
unfortunately yes, a lot of work is necessary to replace the heater core... thats why i have yet to do mine.. i just used a small block off for the lines so i just dont have any heat...o well

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
the center console must come out... for ease of the job i suggest taking the seats out then pull as many screws/bolts that hold the frame to the body that u can find and wiggle the dash then find more it is not nessassry to take the dash completely out if u can peel it back about a foot u can change the heater core.

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
I unbolted the steering wheel shaft and unbolted the dash enough so that it would lean enough to work around. I left the seats in so I could have something to sit in while I worked. I never disconnected my ac lines. and there was a tab I had to bend on the fire wall tho. To make it eaiser work on the dash & console and steering wheel shaft the night before, its a huge PITA but you save aloooooot of money doing it yourself.

Some one that works at auto zone was telling me I was doing it the hard way and said the core can slide out of the glove box, but I think he was thinking about the 84 style mustang.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I unbolted the steering wheel shaft and unbolted the dash enough so that it would lean enough to work around. I left the seats in so I could have something to sit in while I worked. I never disconnected my ac lines. and there was a tab I had to bend on the fire wall tho. To make it eaiser work on the dash & console and steering wheel shaft the night before, its a huge PITA but you save aloooooot of money doing it yourself.

Some one that works at auto zone was telling me I was doing it the hard way and said the core can slide out of the glove box, but I think he was thinking about the 84 style mustang.

yes they were wrong at autozone they must have been thinking of another car, however my 90 f150 i just got i had to replace heater core and i was able to do it via the glove box, was a 30 minute job, i wish they all were that easy...

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
if your car is a 95 model as your name suggests, you might want to read my heater core swap sticky in the 96-98 modular section, as they are the same body style

1 - 7 of 7 Posts