Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
well it will leak antifreeze, soak you floor boards, plus y adont want the antifreeze in your dash or in your vents... When ya replace it make sure you put a socket in the inlet side... theres a write up some where, Ford didnt and even the aftermarket heater cores suck. The heater cores can't take the pressure too well...

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
If I dont replace the heater core and hose right away will it do damage to the car?
NO, as long as you bypass the heater core on the engine side of the firewall you will not have any problems.

Don't worry about it soaking your floorboards either, the heater core is encased in a plastic housing that trap all the liquid. That's why it's such a bitch to change.

You will be awfully cold this winter without heat though.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I never had an issue getting enough heat due to the full exhaust. Lots of heat through the firewall and floor. When my heater core went, I had alot of issues with my defrost fogging the car up worse than it cleared it. And the air smelled a little funny with the antifreeze being piped into the vents.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I never had an issue getting enough heat due to the full exhaust. Lots of heat through the firewall and floor. When my heater core went, I had alot of issues with my defrost fogging the car up worse than it cleared it. And the air smelled a little funny with the antifreeze being piped into the vents.

Hahaha Reminds me of back when I was 19 and had an 87 gt. The heater core went out and I didn't have the money to fix it. I was driving around with the windows down and it was like 30 degrees outside. I had to leave them down in the rain too to try to keep the windshield from fogging up to bad.

THAT SUCKED!!!

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
im just glad i never had to deal with that, my uncle does auto ac repair i just take it to him...and plus i live in florida so i only worried about the rain

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the insight. I may have to wait to replace it. I am low on funds. I have had to replace the engine, radiator, brakes and filler neck in the past three weeks.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
replaced the engine? I like how you glazed over that. That SUCKS!

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Thanks for the insight. I may have to wait to replace it. I am low on funds. I have had to replace the engine, radiator, brakes and filler neck in the past three weeks.

Damn, I hope you got the car for free.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didnt get the car for free. I bought it about five years ago. The radiator had a leak for a while so I figured I would replace it when the engine went.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts