Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my heater core leaks in my car. when i bought the car the hoses werent connected and i wanted to find out if it leaked and it did so now i have to replace it. i did some reading and i saw it should take anywhere from 3 to 4 hours. i was planning on getting a jump on it in open shop tomorrow by starting to take out the dash and etc. i guess i wanna know is how hard will it be to replace the core? is this gunna be one of those pain in the ass things or should it go relativley smooth. oh btw im glad i bought this car i wouldnt wanna dump my money into anythign else : )

·
Registered
569 Posts
your in for some decent work, nothing you couldnt do with some time though

·
Registered
371 Posts
i thought it was easy overall just took me forever

·
Registered
140 Posts
It really is just time consuming, not that complicated. Pay attention to the vacuum lines and where they go or else that will cause problems. I left one off and thought I would have to take the dash back out to get to it but luckily, I was able to reach it from the radio opening. You'll be fine, go for it!

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
make sure the first thing u do is take the seats out it will make everything alot easier.. then the center console, then the instrument cluster. after all that u can unbolt the dash it is alot of torquse head screws all around the dash u can make it easier by just finding the bolts that hold the frame on the car and unbolt those and keep the dash skin on it just find a bolt that looks like it it is holding it to the car take it out and do the wiggle test to see where ur still stuck at.. then the air box needs to be unbolted and peeled back to lift the cover for the heater core which is held on by 4 bolts.. look in my thred "and so the project begins" there were pics of when i did mine

·
Registered
273 Posts
yea im in process of doin mine to its easy and time consuming. word of advice now hat your dash is out check your wiring and eerything else that could possibly go wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts