Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have a 91 2.3

it was going through antifreeze quick, i bought it with a leaky radiator supposedly, changed it and then it started leaking more. Figured blown head gasket, changed everything, did it right. Changed all the gaskets, cleaned surfaces, did a real good job, changed thermostat, radiator, radiator cap.

No problems for about two weeks except that it would only get to the 135 degree mark or so and wouldn't put out heat...which wasn't a big deal, it was 70 or so until a couple days ago, it dropped to 30 degrees at night and 45 during the days. So I needed some heat, would never blow warm. Checked antifreeze, it was low so I filled it up. It smoked once I let it idle up then smoked for a while down the road then got to a certain point and quit smoking and was no longer smoking when I got to my destination but it used some coolant.

Topped it off, drove to work. It was still full. I have a radiator cap with a vent handle. When I vented it, some steam came out from the heater core area. Hoses are warm on both sides of heater core. Upper radiator hose is warmer than lower radiator hose.

The reservoir is now completely dry but the radiator is completely full.

The lady who owned it before me was sort of short on money and her family friend sold it to me and he told me it had a leaky radiator. I can only figure maybe she put some stop leak in it and gummed up the heater core somewhat or something and caused a big restriction. The side coming out of the heater core is warmer than the side going in.

Idk though

There are no puddles

·
Registered
660 Posts
Like your radiator cap, were you just venting?

Or do you have a question?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts