Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,
im planning on ordering cams, cai, smaller pulley, crank pulley, heat exchanger, may be LTs and probably porting the heads and then getting the 427r tuned a BBR. Probably going with some custom comp cams. Ive seen people posting cooling issues when swapping a 2.57 pulley and a 7.5 crank pulley? They were saying the heat offsets the power gained spinning the little s/c. Has anyone heard of this or ways to prevent it?

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
For the heat issue will a bigger intercooler and bigger raditor help.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
how about a blower swap?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
hey all,
im planning on ordering cams, cai, smaller pulley, crank pulley, heat exchanger, may be LTs and probably porting the heads and then getting the 427r tuned a BBR. Probably going with some custom comp cams. Ive seen people posting cooling issues when swapping a 2.57 pulley and a 7.5 crank pulley? They were saying the heat offsets the power gained spinning the little s/c. Has anyone heard of this or ways to prevent it?
Did you mean you're getting it tuned at BBR?

Anyways, I don't really think the gains are going to be offset. Of course any time you spin a blower harder you're going to create more heat. Anyways, I wouldn't worry about it. I'd throw an AFCO heat exchanger on there and maybe an electric water pump and you'd have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
hey all,

Better add a shortblock to that... at least rear end upgrade and P-51 clutch

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
um im not sure what to make my daily driver. my mach1 just hit 27k and the roush has like 3k miles. whatever the car makes with those mods im happy. so around 450whp? if its around 450whp, im going to have the tuner detune the car down to like 420whpish. Right now the mach1 is my daily driver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts