Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Is this not possible with our mustangs. I mean my feet can not fit in that little area where the gas peddle is. when i down shift i usually just throw it into neutral and rev it up and then down shift but heel toe is so much quicker and less annoying. I also noticed our Peddles do not all line up with each other so you can not really put your heel way down in that little area. But if they were all lined up i think i could do it.

Tell me if this will work or will this throw the throttle off and stuff.

That Little screw that is circled in yellow is holding the gas peddle on. It looks like you can adjust it so if you push the lever back farther and then put some sort of stopper on it the gas peddle will be aliened with all the other peddles. This is really hard to explain over the internet so bare with me. Another way of looking at it is if you are sitting in your driver seat and you put your toe under the gas peddle and pull your leg towards you, the gas peddle will move up and be alined with the other peddles but as soon as you take your toe out from under it, it will go back to its normal position . So if i put some kind of stopper on that screw or lever at the top where it is circled in yellow will this throw off the throttle or should i still be able to accelerate like normal?

I want to get to a race track one of these days and heel toe is pretty much something you would need to be able to do.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Woah! thats crazy lmao... i would be afraid that i would miss the downshift lmao... too much going on all at once. At least for the first couple of times i tired it.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea but its great fun. I havent perfected it yet since i cant fit my damn Foot in that little area that Ford has given us but ill fix that in a day or so. haha. its going to be 50 degrees out on thursday so thats the day im starting to get some work done.

I want to get this thing so i can practice on my video games haha. it would make video games so much more fun.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
wait.... are you always supposed to give it gas with the clutch in while downshifting? I always just downshift, no gas involved

when i'm road racing i'll always give it a healthy amount of gas, but never during normal driving...

·
Registered
685 Posts
wait.... are you always supposed to give it gas with the clutch in while downshifting? I always just downshift, no gas involved

when i'm road racing i'll always give it a healthy amount of gas, but never during normal driving...
i was asking myself that exact question i never actually rev it when downshifting

·
Banned
5,174 Posts

the idea is to sync the revs with the gear speed.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

If you are not doing heel toe all you do is. Put the car in nuetral as you are slowing down rev the engine With the Clutch still depressed then
then downshift and let the clutch out before the RPM start to lower. You are matching the engine speed with the transmission speed. If the Car Jerks while you downshift then you downshifted wrong. You need to give it more gas or get the RPMs higher when you are in neutral. I think i explained it right. It's a lot easy to do then explain. I just do it naturally without thinking now.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
If you are not double clutching all you do is. Put the car in nuetral as you are slowing down rev the engine With the Clutch still depressed then
then downshift and let the clutch out before the RPM start to lower. You are matching the engine speed with the transmission speed. If the Car Jerks while you downshift then you downshifted wrong. You need to give it more gas or get the RPMs higher when you are in neutral. I think i explained it right. It's a lot easy to do then explain. I just do it naturally without thinking now.
Yeah... i know how to do it lol. I've been amature road racing for 2 yrs... in a piece of **** bmw 3 series tho... I heel toe 100% of the time while racing... i just didnt know it was proper to doing it on the street as well. Thank god for MM! saved my tranny a couple of months lmao.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Yea but its great fun. I havent perfected it yet since i cant fit my damn Foot in that little area that Ford has given us but ill fix that in a day or so. haha. its going to be 50 degrees out on thursday so thats the day im starting to get some work done.

I want to get this thing so i can practice on my video games haha. it would make video games so much more fun. YouTube - Double Clutching & Heel Toe with G25

that would take alot of getting use to

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
**** **** that man...

my feet are too big for something like that.

I just push the clutch in rev the engine to the right rpm and pop it into the lower gear that I want...

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
size 16 shoes man...

i hate being big...

Im like the opposite of that movie... I wanna be like 6' and like 170 lbs. and like size 12 foot maybe...

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
size 16 shoes man...

i hate being big...

Im like the opposite of that movie... I wanna be like 6' and like 170 lbs. and like size 12 foot maybe...
damn bro youve got ****in water skis

1 - 20 of 58 Posts