Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you guys are running a hei dist. on your 302? i recently added a Proform dist, with a Accel hei coil and im not seeing that much of a difference from the stock one. after installation i set the timing, and drove it, but i thought it would be a bit more noticeable. With my other mods, holley 670 street avenger(with the 35# squirter), summit dual plane intake, new accel wires and plugs, and flowmasters straight through......i thought this car would run like hell.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
There was another post about Proform dizzy's. Pretty much a stock "copy" and doesn't help with an accel coil. Return your products, get your money back, spend the extra 50 bucks and get a mallory or MSD dizzy and an msd coil or mallory coil. Advance your timing about 5 to 6* and see what you got. Maybe if you can, go ahead and dump a bottle of NOS or Silver can Octane booster from Autozone and take your timing up another 2 to 3* and then see what you got.

On the other hand, I've heard that HEI is supposed to be better and I've had both, i perfer the old school coil non HEI. The top part what I said was just an opinionated statement, If I were you, I would get a better quality dizzy and coil, if you're "on the cheap", do that on smaller parts. You want your spark to be hot enough to burn all the fuel and probably what you're experiencing is stock specs with new parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my timing is already at like 14*.....i could of went more but i didnt want it to start pinging....i was looking at the msd dist...so maybe i will give that a try

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Good choice, MSD 6AL is what everyone's using so that's a start, if you're bold, Go with a MSD 7 or 8 box

1 - 4 of 4 Posts