Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over the years I’ve had fox body’s. But my buddy had a 98 so I got it off of him. It’s got a 8 point cage fully built suspension fully gutted now it’s tour down. I’m doing a pi head swap stage 2 custom bullet nos/blower cams forge piston & rods. Hopefully it put’s down some good numbers. Then eventually I want to put a Kenny bell Mammoth blower.
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle

·
Super Moderator
4,801 Posts
Welcome!

If you do a pi swap be careful with your piston choice. If you go with a stock dome piston you’ll up the compression which isn’t great for booster applications. My advice would be to have your stock npi heads worked on and run them. People smack talk npi heads but they actually aren’t bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I’m running dish piston. I should be ok. No need for pop up pistons when you doing this kind of set up especially on these mod motor’s

·
Super Moderator
4,801 Posts
Yes but what I means was to have a dish bigger than the npi did to compensate for the smaller chambers in the pi heads.

Reactions: Stang377

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t know if I won’t to finish building this our sale my eng and build a turbo with a Teske block with twin turbos. Blowers are very expensive and so is nitrous. My buddy has a built short block ready for turbo. Thanks for the information

1 - 5 of 5 Posts