Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks!

I've been lurking while shopping for a mustang. So today I joined up since I brought home a sweet 1999 GT Convertible with the actual 35th package(5spd, 57kmi). Its been stored most of its life up here but spent its toddler years in FL. VERY CLEAN! :D

It has the front shock Tower brace, and 3.73 gears... basically the first two things I was going to put in in it anyway(might put the rear brace in at some point soon, we'll see). Man what a difference that brace makes from all the other mustangs I test drove. There is no drama entering corners at all. I won't say that driving it is boring. But let me just call it "nicely settled" in the turns compared to what I've experienced in the other ones.

I wonder if that front shock tower brace is going to have to come out if I go with a supercharger. I'm not concerned about that right now though. Very happy with the car's condition and how it handles.

Its been a number of years since I sold the last mustang I owned(89 LX 5.0). I had it for about 10 years.

Pictures will come as soon as I get some daylight again.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
:welcome aboard. see you around the boards:drink

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:welcome to MM :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome...if it didn't have it done, I would say forget the rear brace and get some SUB-FRAME CONNECTORS! If you like the way it rides now you will like it even more with these installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts