Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D My name is Tyler.. and i prolly spend about at least one hour per day reading about cars, looking at pictures of cars, helping friends mod their cars, detailing my car... or just about anything that has to do with cars... you get the idea... as i'm sure many of you feel the same. Long story short, i'll be graduating this december as an RN and i will be purchasing my long awaited vehicle next spring. Ever since i was a child, i have dreamed of having a mustang.. a 68 or 69 fastback in particular. They have ALWAYS been on my wish list, however over the past 5 years or so, i have become immersed in the import culture.. and unfortunately gave up my love for the mustang coupe in hopes of purchasing a Honda civic si four door. I have since changed my decision due to the most recent v6 model available. It is quite possibly the absolute perfect car for me, and i cannot wait to tastefully mod it once i purchase one. I have love for many different types of cars, whether, American, Japanese, or Germann... as long as they are free of rice. Speaking of rice, here's my current pos "humble commuter." I put about 500 miles a week on it... yeah.... hey at least it has DOHC

I truly look forward to meeting you all. BTW - i will be building my mustang when i buy it, for many reasons... but mostly, i will not settle for anything other than the 6spd standard with performance package in a few select colors.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Haha! how much money you ready to blow on the sixxer?

because as all MM'ers know...your mustang will turn into a money pit!!

first its. cai/tune....then exhaust...then gears....then FULL exhaust...then like SC MULTIPLE EXHAUSTS...the list goes on and on and on :p

welcome btw, what colors you looking at?

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
You've kept that car looking clean. Good job and welcome to the forums.

Depending on costs, I would beg you to reconsider your opinion of the 2011/2012 V6 base model (and also depending on your intentions.)

What has you set on the performance package?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Plain and simple you will love, but expect to spend lots of money if your...

A. a perfectionist or

B. You like lots of power

Anyways welcome.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much guys! i have spent A TON of time on forums.. in particular "8thcivic.com and mazdaspeedforums" and i gotta tell you... you guys here on the v6 forum seem to be pretty legitamate... i havent seen any stupid nonsense, and you havent even flamed my hyundai yet haha. ok, so here's my intentions.. and my reasoning...
1. FOR SURE i will be doing an exhaust shortly after my purchase.. hopefully the same week i purchase the car. Other than an exhaust, i plan on possibly doing a coil over suspension system and a nice set of wheels.. I really think that the "varrstoen ES 2.2.2" would look freaking nice on the new stangs.. so i might go with them, here's a link... VarrsToen ES 2.2.2 (19″) | Gloss White | Textured Matte Anthracite | Cobalt Blue |
2. I don't plan on doing a TON of modding.. im one of those guys who likes a nice sounding exhaust and a squeaky clean/lightly modded car. Im well aware of the plethora of parts out there.. i mean.. come on... i came from the civic community hahah. But my overall intentions for the v6 are to have my daily driver... with a little tiny extra bit of flavor in it.. like with an exhaust and stiff suspension and wheels.
3. Don't get me wrong i love lots of power, but i enjoy the powerplants that are in my other friends cars for that.. as for me, i love the practicality of the v6, it's powerband, and the way it sounds with an axleback or catback... and ya know. im not COMPLETELY sold on the performance package.. especially because im considering overhauling the suspension for aftermarket coilovers anyways, i just think the "PP" hahah is a great deal for what you get... with the suspension, brakes, wheels, and stabilizers.
4. Thankyou so much, i take really good care of my little hyundai accent, i claybar, machine polish, and machine wax it about every 4 months.. and i put the hub caps back on to make it look even cleaner.. don't wanna look like im trying to hard.
5. Im looking at Ebony, Lava red metallic, or Kona blue.. My reasoning.. is that these are the only 3 colors that truly showcase all of my hard work in detailing.

So once again... mods will likely consist of
exhaust system, coil over suspension system, nice wheels (in black, gunmetal, or bronze), a new grill, perhaps aftermarket fog lights.. and PERHAPS.. a retro fit projector headlamp assembly. I wonder if i could just order the HID projector headlamps from FORD once i get my car.. that would be the easiest way..

Thankyou all for the warm welcome, i have many questions, and i really look forward to my purchase early next year

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just for kicks, here's a few pics of my hyundai when i first got it.. haha

I gotta say, one of the main reasons i have so easily changed my decision from the 4dr civic si is that imports are just so full of plastic and futuristic equipment and twin cam front wheel drive cars.. which are cool and all.. but under the hood of a mustang.. even a v6, is what an engine is really supposed to look like... and inside, there's no digital spedometer or fancy equipment.. it just feels "right" and i love it.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
I hate to break it to you, but our V6 engines are small and mostly a joke under the hood. They are tiny in our engine bay (which is great for modders and DIYers) but other people laugh at the size.

Then you turn the car on, and get on it, and she will stomp on v8s with engines almost twice her size.

Take a Civic SI on with a Stock 2011 and you will WOMP on it. The only thing it will see is your taillights till you disappear out of sight.

As for those rims, they make an almost exact same style for the Mustang. I don't remember the name or brand (I went with German rims that I LOVE) but those rims will look good on our car. You'll notice that the majority of the 2011 V6 section is us Southern Californians, and we're all a bunch of guys that enjoy cars, there's not much hate/immaturity here, albeit some do share their opinions more critically than others.

Some of the big modders of the 2011 are sc55509, me and First_time_stanger here. Check out our threads for ideas. We're also all pretty knowledgeable of our cars, so if you have any questions feel free to ask!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Well I am glad we have a member on here I believe you are number like 6 lol

Edit: like solid said if you need help on literally anything, including hid headlight conversions, we have got you covered

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hate to break it to you, but our V6 engines are small and mostly a joke under the hood. They are tiny in our engine bay (which is great for modders and DIYers) but other people laugh at the size.

Then you turn the car on, and get on it, and she will stomp on v8s with engines almost twice her size.

Take a Civic SI on with a Stock 2011 and you will WOMP on it. The only thing it will see is your taillights till you disappear out of sight.

As for those rims, they make an almost exact same style for the Mustang. I don't remember the name or brand (I went with German rims that I LOVE) but those rims will look good on our car. You'll notice that the majority of the 2011 V6 section is us Southern Californians, and we're all a bunch of guys that enjoy cars, there's not much hate/immaturity here, albeit some do share their opinions more critically than others.
Yeah, i love this style of wheel, they would look fantastic on the stangs

Some of the big modders of the 2011 are sc55509, me and First_time_stanger here. Check out our threads for ideas. We're also all pretty knowledgeable of our cars, so if you have any questions feel free to ask!
Thanks so much! i will definately be asking all kinds of questions, and i have seen your builds already, i'm really diggin em, no rice around here, and btw im in Arizona, so im right next door to ya'll. And i know the v6 motor is smaller, but i mean, when you look at it, its a giant V, not a sideways twin cam front wheel drive weird hunk of steel, thats what i meant haha.
Well I am glad we have a member on here I believe you are number like 6 lol
haha, thats cool, especially once i finally get mine, i can claim the #6 spot haha
Edit: like solid said if you need help on literally anything, including hid headlight conversions, we have got you covered
Oh for sure, i will most definately hit you guys up for questions. I have done MANY HID installs, all of them were just plug and play kits into oem headlamps, but i dont think i would ever put hid's into the OEM reflector housings... so i would either do a retrofit projector lens, or get ahold of the projector headlamps from ford... AND the only color i would get is 5k.. im definately "over" the blue headlamps. i just like the visibility they bring, not hte color they look hahah

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Yea I do not know much about it but whitev6er does and he said it was really hard. But anyways what color are you getting again?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trying to decide between Black, Kona blue metallic, or lava red metallic, because of all the polishing and waxing i do.. the dark colors are the only ones that truly show off my hard work with shine and reflections.. so yeah.. havent decided yet.. but i'm relly leaning towards the lava... it would be awesome.. especially with some black varrstoens like i mentioned earlier
VarrsToen ES 2.2.2 (19″) | Gloss White | Textured Matte Anthracite | Cobalt Blue |

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Yea I do believe that would be the best choice, maybe even a red lip on the wheels?

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Offset is going to be crazy... Not sure if those would work, especially since we cannot dial in camber like a VW. Alos remember our hub diameter is 70.5mm and you have to take backspacing into account.

My next setup:
19x8.5 +38 / 19x10 +43

·
Registered
491 Posts
That new red lava metallic, guh, now that's a badass standout color, imo.

For the record, I have read of people retrofitting the OEM HID projector into our cars. You say you've done it before, so I suppose you won't be surprised by the amount of work you have to do.

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
Aw, **** me, right? :)

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Stewy, when your the first to do a mod none of us have done, you'll join the big 4. Till then, your on the little 3. :) Lol

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
According to solid you need to buy a 5.0 throttle body ;).

1 - 20 of 44 Posts