Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am new to this forum and wanted to tell a little about my car. It's a yellow and silver 95 mustang gt. It is an automatic with the only engine mods being off road H, mufflers, and cold air intake, rest is stock. The car itself has a little over 190,000 miles so I plan to rebuild the motor. My plan is to put an explorer intake on(which I already have), matching gt40 heads which will be in my posession shortly, trick flow stage 1 cam, long tube headers, and 3.73's. How does that sound and any suggestions? Also, I am trying to post some pics but is not working. Any suggestions on that?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Welcome!

Sounds good man. Don't know much about trick flow cams though. Cams can be very tricky in 94-95 5.0s. You should throw in a shift kit as well. It will open up your car even more than just the gears alone.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Welcome to MM! Your mod list sounds like a nice yet inexpensive route to get the ball rolling. I do prefer a custom cam, but the Trick Flow stage 1 cam will do just fine on a bolt on car. Get those gears in there! A member here (bullitt95) has a nice write up on some inexpensive/free uprgrades that you could look into as well, such as weight reductions, etc.

As far as getting yourself some pictures posted, just get onto imageshack.us and upload them, then copy and paste the forum code into your post. :usa

·
Resident Headbanger
2,419 Posts
A member here (bullitt95) has a nice write up on some inexpensive/free uprgrades that you could look into as well, such as weight reductions, etc.
Yup. Just go to my site and it's all there. I agree that your mod list does sound like a good, low budget route. Definitely add a shift kit (I have the Transgo HD2 and I love it), do weight reduction, freshen up the short block, and upgrade suspension/brakes to make the car more fun (and safer) to drive. The cam that I think is tailor-made for the GT40 heads/intake set-up is the CompCams XE264HR-12. You'll need to upgrade the valve springs and get 1.7 ratio roller rockers when swapping the cam (you might find a set of good used Cobra 1.7 RRs cheap in ebay).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup. Just go to my site and it's all there. I agree that your mod list does sound like a good, low budget route. Definitely add a shift kit (I have the Transgo HD2 and I love it), do weight reduction, freshen up the short block, and upgrade suspension/brakes to make the car more fun (and safer) to drive. The cam that I think is tailor-made for the GT40 heads/intake set-up is the CompCams XE264HR-12. You'll need to upgrade the valve springs and get 1.7 ratio roller rockers when swapping the cam (you might find a set of good used Cobra 1.7 RRs cheap in ebay).

Thanks, I have your site saved on my computer and plan to use some of them. Especially the smog pump delete. No need for it with no cats, right? Yeah I had forgot about a shift kit, haven't decided wich one to go with because there are so many! But you like your transgo kit? I forgot to add this, but I also plan to upgrade my suspension with H&R lowering springs, tokico struts and shocks, Maximum Motorsport caster camber plates, bump steer kit, and X-2 ball joints. That way it can just gliiiiide down the road........fast. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, the first, second, and sixth picture is what it looks like now all like I want it to look. It all happened sooner than I had planned because an older guy decided to pull an illegal uturn and turn right into me. Anyways, then the second and third picture is of my wife and I leaving our wedding in good fashion! And the fifth picture is just a good picture of what it looked like without the hood.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
thats a sick car! :welcome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts