Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I just got a 2014 GT... Love it! It's the 6 speed Manual/3.55 rear with Brembo's.

Now i'm coming from an 05 GT with 4.30's/Alum DS/Steeda Sport Shifter/JLT intake/Bama Race tune/UDP's/CMDP's/lowered 1.5inches/Adj Panhard/Strut Brace/Complete with Nitto 555's 255 40 18 front and 285 35 18 out back.

This car is a whole nother animal!!! Everything feels great, rubbery smooth amd cozy.

It's very comfy and the 6 speed shifts very good. I only have 250 miles on it and last night I kinda put her through hell for the first time.

Help me out here......

I'm having a hard time with launching. I hold the RPM's at 3,000 and slowly let out the clutch and I apply the gas. Bog bog bog! It picks up like a Raped Ape once it hits 4,000rpms...but it's really slow off the line.

Another thing...

It feels like the engine is running out of steam/hp around 6,500rpms? Today I banged 1st through 4th. It was awesome chirping 3rd and 4th! I thought these Coyote's pulled to 7,000rpms like a frieght train?

I'm trying to be easy on her for the first 1,000 miles but WOW it's too much fun with this car...

·
Boss 302
2,886 Posts
your pretty much spot on, most of my runs on the dyno with just a cai and o/r pipe the car really only made power to about 6800. Stock 6500 sounds pretty true.

Now I have the boss mani and she pulls hard all the way to 7800.

for launches, are you turning TC off? if so are you turning it completely off or just hitting the button once?

Also, you probably are experiencing the lovely wheel hop. The control arms have some really nice rubber bushings that allow the back end to bounce all over the place :D.

·
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast
5,051 Posts
Get it tuned, problem solved. Go with AED preferably or Bama for the time being til you get enough mods to actually benefit from a serious tune.

·
MM elder
9,751 Posts
it will loosten up a little once it gets a few more miles.

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
Needs a tune!

And be sure to run good fuel in it

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
I think you are used to that insane gear in your last car for the bogging issues..

Enjoy your car man.

·
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your pretty much spot on, most of my runs on the dyno with just a cai and o/r pipe the car really only made power to about 6800. Stock 6500 sounds pretty true.

Now I have the boss mani and she pulls hard all the way to 7800.

for launches, are you turning TC off? if so are you turning it completely off or just hitting the button once?

Also, you probably are experiencing the lovely wheel hop. The control arms have some really nice rubber bushings that allow the back end to bounce all over the place :D.
Yeah TC is off all the time...

Where do these cars launch best (3.55 equiped)? I'm guessing I need to just keep it at 4,000 and launch. It's tricky. My 05 clutch was very heavy and it felt like I was shifting a heavy truck. I still don't know what clutch the previous owner installed.

This car is COMPLETELY OPPOSITE from my old car. I love it though. My 05 didn't get traction till 3rd..... This car actually Hooks and doesn't waste time burning rubber like my old car.

·
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast
5,051 Posts
Make sure you're turning off the TC all the way though. Foot down on the brake and hold down the TC for about 5 seconds til it says, "ADVANCETRAC OFF"

·
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you are used to that insane gear in your last car for the bogging issues..

Enjoy your car man.
Yeah man. That car hung with an Evo and Sti as they launched. Fun ride but time to move on.

Btw I forgot to mention that 05 has Jba Long tubes H pipe and High flow cats and no mufflers. Beastly!

I can't wait to get rid of these stock mufflers! **** I can't hear the engine and i'm ****ing up my rev matching.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Make sure you're turning off the TC all the way though. Foot down on the brake and hold down the TC for about 5 seconds til it says, "ADVANCETRAC OFF"
Oh crap I knew I was missing something! I normally just press the TC button once.

·
Registered
50 Posts
press traction control once for traction off; double tap it for sport mode; press brake and hold the button 8 seconds for all the way off....well as much as ford will allow anyhow; from what i understand some torque management still stays.

·
the U of A
1,308 Posts
Oh crap I knew I was missing something! I normally just press the TC button once.
yep, there's your problem. Do what these guys said and hold the brake and button for 5 seconds then give her another rip.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
TOMORROW !!!!!!!

I thought that thing kept you up at nights.

Tomorrow. :facepalm:

:D

·
Registered
920 Posts
mr.burton,

Congrats on your new GT! If turning the traction control off doesn't reduce enough hesitation for you, then a custom tune will do the job. Our Bama custom tunes really wake up these 4v 5.0's, which is hard to believe because they come very rowdy stock. So, when you want to kick it up a notch, look no farther!

Shane

·
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone!

Today I disabled the Advanctrac etc and traction. The car didn't feel any different except the steering wasa bit stiffer. I love the Comfort setting in the steering lol. Driving home I just set the steering to that and turned traction off only.

The best launch I did was keep the RPM's at around 4,000 and release the clutch slowly. I have 3.55's so this gets the rear 255's to the point where they are spinning slightly but NO BOG!
So far I love this car, the only complaint is how quiet it is. I keep under revving downshifts when rev matching because I can't HEAR the engine/exhaust. First mod will be axleback. I wanted the Flowmaster Outlaws....but IDK. I want more sound just to hear it. I don't want to be a COP Magnet like how my old car was.

Thanks again yall!

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
Choose wisely with an axle-back. Especially if you even "think" you might delete the cats later on. If you buy something loud, its gonna be really f*cking loud with an o/r pipe lol

Biased opinion, but I love my gt500's

·
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Choose wisely with an axle-back. Especially if you even "think" you might delete the cats later on. If you buy something loud, its gonna be really f*cking loud with an o/r pipe lol

Biased opinion, but I love my gt500's
My plans to mod this car are simple...

Make it sound good, add some exterior things here and there. MAYBE lower it. Power wise i'm ok with it. It is my Daily Driver so it will see Snow aswell. The 255 skinny tires should perform better then my old car which had 285 Nitto's out back. I drove that car in 6 inches of snow lol. Fun fun!

·
Boss 302
2,886 Posts
My plans to mod this car are simple...

Make it sound good, add some exterior things here and there. MAYBE lower it. Power wise i'm ok with it. It is my Daily Driver so it will see Snow aswell. The 255 skinny tires should perform better then my old car which had 285 Nitto's out back. I drove that car in 6 inches of snow lol. Fun fun!
lol...I give you a month...and your attitude of the car has enough power will change 100%.

I second being careful with the axlebacks. What sounds good with the cats on, like the roush, sounds so bad without the cats it isn't funny. I'd rather listen to a farting tin can honda than have that combo on my car ever again.

Make sure you 100% want to leave the cats before an axle back like the roush. If not look at something muffler based. Borla, Corsa, gt500, etc. if you'd like the nice power gains from removing the cats but don't want the cops after you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts