Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my car is in the shop getting gears put in. What i thought were 4:10's, turns out they are 4:88's:eek:. The guy i bought them off put them in a 4:10's box and said they were brand new. Well they were brand new just not 4:10's. My machanic didn't even check untill he was about to put the gears in. Should i keep the 4:88's??? Or go buy new 4:10's and have him redo everything. I really dont have the cash right now to buy new gears.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is costing me $600 as it is. If i buy new gears and have him redo everything, thats another $400-$500 easy. I dont have that kind of money right now. Next month ill be getting alot of money. So you think they would be ok for a month??

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont want to be.....but i can **** around with them for a month untill i get my money. Or i can let my car sit in the shop for a month. Either way it cost the same price.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Can you go a month without having your mustang and leave it in the shop? If not have him either continue putting in the 4.88's or have him put the stock one's back in. Who knows you might like the 4.88's. The 4.88's would be a lot easier to get rid of if they've never been used though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He already had everything in about to finish up before he noticed. The way i see it, i might as well have a little fun untill then. I need my car as soon as i can get it.I have a pos jeep that i cant count on to get me around.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
well if you want to be running 3000 RPM at 65 MPH. But for a month they would be fine.

thats not really that much.................just put them in...if ur really getting money in a month then switch back then....honeslty 3000 at 65....im in 3rd gear at 65 and its higher then that.....:p

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I get my car back tomorrow if i have him put them in.So ill prolly just do that and at least try them out. Will my car run pretty good on the street with those gears??

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
yup....3k at 65 is nothing...i mean im on a highway everyday going to and from school and i stay in 3rd until about 75 i rarely evver shift into 5th....our npi cars are to slow to keep them in 5th....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yup....3k at 65 is nothing...i mean im on a highway everyday going to and from school and i stay in 3rd until about 75 i rarely evver shift into 5th....our npi cars are to slow to keep them in 5th....
Yea dude i live about 5 mins away from osu, and work about 5. I dont ever really do highway driving so ill be fine.:cool:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts