Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home from work today and I started to here a clunking sound.. I got home and jacked the car up and on the passanger side you can see that the bolt brok on the anti-sway bar!!! Will this be ok to drive to work tomorrow where I can hopefully fix it?

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
It will be fine to drive....gently.

I would put a few hose clamps together or grab some wire, and pull the end of the sway bar down so that it's held in place though

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was driving home from work today and I started to here a clunking sound.. I got home and jacked the car up and on the passanger side you can see that the bolt brok on the anti-sway bar!!! Will this be ok to drive to work tomorrow where I can hopefully fix it?

it should be fine to drive ( i would just take it off until you can get the parts to fix it so you dont have to deal with the noise) ... crap I took mine off 7 years ago and DD drove it for the next 3 years without a front sway bar.... and after that the car became mostly a weekend only and strip car so i just left it off

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
The sway bar won't really affect ride drastically. There will be a bit of a difference in how the car corners. The sway bar helps prevent lateral movement and body roll/lean when cornering.

·
Registered
135 Posts
How will it change the ride if I remove it temporaly?
with a stock or stock replacment strut and stock springs it wont be bad at all... I DD mine with 90/10s and 4cly springs and that was a bit much but still not bad to me... but for most it would be a P.I.T.A

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts