Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Tjfrisbie
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I live up in California and I have a 2001 gt and I'm trying to find preformance parts that are carb legal. Any help? I already have CAI, catted x-pipe, c & l plenum, bbk 70mm throttle body, throttle body spacer, sct itsx tuner,under drive pullies.
This is my car below

Attachments

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
move

·
Registered
100 Posts
So I live up in California and I have a 2001 gt and I'm trying to find preformance parts that are carb legal. Any help? I already have CAI, catted x-pipe, c & l plenum, bbk 70mm throttle body, throttle body spacer, sct itsx tuner,under drive pullies.
This is my car below
You can always add gears and a short shifter to make yourself FEEL like you have more HP and torque. Have you thought about shorty headers? I only recommend them because you are in California, and the shorty headers come with a CARB EO number.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
You could move or buy a termi :naughty:

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Can you slap on a blower?

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Shorties are not really worth it, no

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
Gears, suspension work, (if auto stall and/or shift kit), short shifter (if manual)

doesnt add power, but it gives you a better "throw you back in your seat" feeling

·
Registered
100 Posts
I keep hearing that shorties aren't worth it is that true?
Compared to the long tubes, they aren't worth it. But if you're not going to move, then that is really your best exhaust option. That and trying to put a supercharger on. And maybe something like cams would be something that you could really feel. But try gears first and see how that works out for you. My gears make my car feel faster, although technically it doesn't make it put down any more power.

·
Tjfrisbie
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ive already upgraded my suspension with springs and sway bars and i have upgraded baer breaks and yeah I was gonna try puttin some 4.10s in it maybe but I was gonna ask on here to see if it was really worth it

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
4.10s will make a pretty big difference. Do them and buy a sticky tire.

·
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
3,444 Posts
JBA Shorties are CARB legal... only adds probably 5hp at most i'd assume. i too live in Cali and plan on doing CMS Stage 2 N/A Cams w/ JBA Shorties to push me very close to 300whp. from what i'm told (by Jim of CMS) the Stage 2 cams should pass smog here in Cali. he has not had any complaints about them not passing.

Luckily they aren't doing the sniffer test starting 2013 for cars 2000 and newer but they are going to be using the OBDII to check.

not much else you can do in terms of HP unless you go FI. i believe ProCharger and maybe Vortech is CARB Legal, but i know Novi and Paxton are NOT CARB Legal for sure.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ive already upgraded my suspension with springs and sway bars and i have upgraded baer breaks and yeah I was gonna try puttin some 4.10s in it maybe but I was gonna ask on here to see if it was really worth it
I personally have 4.10s in my rear end and it is a night and day difference between stock gears. I've always considered going down to 3.73s to have a little bit longer of a first gear, but I've been driving the 4.10s so long that I'm used to first gear basically not existing. When it comes to racing, you'll really appreciate the difference in times that 4.10s offer. If you can't do many engine mods because of the Cali emission laws, definitely put in gears. I'd say 4.10s for sure but 3.73s would still be good.

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
One more thing, remove the cobra badges. :shiftyeyes seriously.

·
Tjfrisbie
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay well it sounds like new gears is the way to go from what I'm hearing. I usually do all my own work on my car so how big of a job is installing new gears?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts