Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with my Procharger bypass valve. It stays closed at all times; it does not matter if the car is idleing or being driven on the street and/or highway, the butterfly is not opening, therefore is not letting air through. I already did a visual inspection to see if there was a problem with the nut, but everything looked ok. I plan to uninstall it to open it up to see if there is a problem with a gasket or something else. What could be the problem?

For reference, this is the same bypass I am using right now:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is. By the way, this problem started right after I drove through a deep pothole. I immediately stopped after driving through it and inspected my car, but nothing was damaged. After I got home I did another inspection - I thought that maybe the intercooler, a hose, or an elbow was damaged, but no, not at all.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
there is a diaphram in the top under the screw. it maybe torn. try and open the valve by hand and plug the vacume port and if the arm falls down it means it is torn. if it stays open the diapham is ok

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
+1
Just open it up an plug the nipple with you finger. It should stay open. When you take your finger off, it should close. It will leak around the adjustment screw if its not tight.

Did you check to see if the vacuum line is still connected at the other end?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts