Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 83 5.0 edelbrock carb, not really sure what else is done to it. car has ran fine untill I let it sit for maybe 3 days, then I went out there to start it up and it starts and idles great, but when I go to put it in gear (5-speed) and let the clutch out to get going it just dies... if I can get the car to start moving before it dies sometimes I can get it started again and it goes fine, untill I come to a stop and try to get going again.

Last night if I would keep it to under 2000 RPMs when I would start out it would go fine, but if I was gassing on it it would die.

Also if Im cruising along and give it alot of gas it dies for a second, then I hear a loud bang and watch the RMPs jump a little bit, then it dies again.

Also sometimes I have to turn the key off then back on otherwise it will just keep turning over and never start...

Any ideas? this is my only running car right now as I just started to tear the s10 apart to so dome work on that one...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
figured it out, was a faulty ignition, the little part where the key goes in. had to be just right for the car to run, then when Id go to move it move move just a little bit to where it wasnt making contact.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts