Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - hopefully I can explain what's going on. I'll do the best I can, but it's a hard one.

I have a 5 speed 03 GT 4.6L......when I go over bumps, the car acts really strange. When the car hits a bump while shifting from one gear to the next, instead of just shifting gears smoothly, it lurches in succession multiple times until I get on the gas and shift to the next gear. I bought the car used in 2005 with 17,000 miles.....it now has 92,000 miles on it. It's happened it since I first got it. The car is lowered with an Eibach sportline kit, but did it even before I lowered it.

I would really appreciate any suggestions you guys might have.....thanks.....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Does your car make any sounds if you hit a bump and your not shifting, like knocking sound or clicks?

Either way, take a look at your motor mounts and trany mount, it may be all nasty and when you hit that bump the entire trany/engine moves to far and causes you not to shift

·
Registered
638 Posts
Does your car make any sounds if you hit a bump and your not shifting, like knocking sound or clicks?

Either way, take a look at your motor mounts and trany mount, it may be all nasty and when you hit that bump the entire trany/engine moves to far and causes you not to shift

so the knocking i hear sometimes when turning or coming off my driveway couls be the same problem he has? motor/tranny mounts?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ya, I used to get a very loud knock in my car when I would hit a bump or hit my breaks hard. When I replaced my trany mount it went away.

I also had a slight clicking sound that was my front bearings/wheel hub, it would make a clicking sound when they heated up and I would hit the breaks, replaced those and havnt had a sound since. Think the mount was like 70 and they bearns were like 60 a piece, cheep and easy fixes. And nothing worse then driving, hitting your breaks and hearing that sound with someone in the passanger seat :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
The noise when turning could be inner/outer tie rod ends. With 92000 miles, I can guarantee they are bad. Cheap repair if you do it yourself. Maybe 30 min to 1 hr each side. Are you ruining your front tires pretty quick?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Ya, I used to get a very loud knock in my car when I would hit a bump or hit my breaks hard. When I replaced my trany mount it went away.

I also had a slight clicking sound that was my front bearings/wheel hub, it would make a clicking sound when they heated up and I would hit the breaks, replaced those and havnt had a sound since. Think the mount was like 70 and they bearns were like 60 a piece, cheep and easy fixes. And nothing worse then driving, hitting your breaks and hearing that sound with someone in the passanger seat :p
Haha yeah exactly. When I first heard it I thought somebody threw a rock at my car or something!

·
Registered
26 Posts
When I first got my car I could feel something shift under me when I went over a bump. I could really feel it when i pulled out of a drive way. When I put my headers on I saw that the bolts that mount the tranny to the cross-member were gone! Clearly that was my problem. The car only had 29,000 miles and the original owner has never had anything done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts