Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! Trying to choose the best headers for my mustang aka "my burro" lol..its a 302 600 cfm carb, weiand stealth intake , x pipe , mild street cam , ported valves and 4:11 diff , most of the time i am in high rpm... what u guys say oh almost forgot no emisión components not even a cat.!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mac ceramic long tube headers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those MAC ceramic tubes ,what makes them better than the rest, for my application? Or is it just something u have and say for experience?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Long tubes will let the engine breathe better thus providing more hp and that's that; no certain set for a certain application unless it's fitment. Just get one that fits your heads ie no need to worry about what cam or intake you're runnin. Only thing I have to say I guess is that if you're ditching the whole emissions mumbo jumbo then go long tubes, period. shorties are a waste of time and money unless you're abiding to CARB laws

·
Registered
325 Posts
I would personally go with either Kooks custom headers or Hooker super comps. They are both long tubes and yes you will need either a new x pipe or cut and weld the one you have now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all ur info I am going to do my research between the ones u guys mentioned ...so long tubes it is.... now I have the mustang aka "burro " with the engine out so I can do the rear and oil pan seal, once I put it in, new headers are going in!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Don't put the engine completely in without having the headers first. It'll make it easier to route the headers. Also make sure whatever you choose works with your k member.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks. Guys, but first I am going to ask around an exhaust shop to see if they can cut and weld , to fit the long tubes ...cause if I have to buy the rest of the pipes this headers are going to wait.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Might be cheaper to buy a new midpipe depending on what the shop charges you and you'll also needs the headers in hand to know the correct measurements. A midpipe without cats is cheap enough. Maybe like $150, not sure of the top of my head.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
yeah lets tell him to get mac when the midpipes are on backorder with no release date

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
thats two months man lol little bit of time has gone past. i know my car is a different year but i just recently bought LT's and a prochamber and got everything with in a week of ordering.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
fug it then. Set we put on the roomys car fit like garbage, rubbed the steering shaft and had to beat the firewall in on the pass side

1 - 20 of 26 Posts