Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to convince my parents that getting the dual exhaust system (custom fit) will not cause any problems, it will just void the warranty on the exhaust, and that is it. But of course they have their own objections. They have these because before I could drive, I had a gas scooter, and I put an exhaust and other upgrades on it, and it blew up (not literally). So they are scared this will happen to my car. Please give me some reasons why they wont or why they will. Thank you!

·
Registered
890 Posts
i would increase gas milage because of better flowing exhaust

·
Registered
890 Posts
also use that excuse to get a CAI and a tuner

·
Formerly whyxitx
12,084 Posts
Exhaust on a scooter? Never heard of that before :shiftyeyes :lol

Welcome to MM by the way :welcome

to start off, Show them some videos of people that have exhaust on the 2010s.
It helps the exhaust flow better then with the stock exhaust and might help your gas mileage. It'll add a couple of horses...i wouldn't look at much though, maybe 2-5 from what I've been reading. and It'll change the loudness/tone of your car. Keep asking them about it. If it's your money you should be able to do whatever you want.

·
Registered
890 Posts
^^^ just a little different lol

·
Registered
890 Posts
ALSO pics of your car

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tell them are is a little bit of a difference between a scooter and a Mustang.
Im with u on that one. I try to tell them that, but are not totally convinced. Yes, it will be my money, they are just scared something will go wrong. I am going to be getting it done at a reputable mechanic, not some lazy @ss careless son of a gun.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
like a few members said its better flow, and increase a little MPG...and get the CAI and tuner as well

just show your dad some exhaust clips and be like dad, my car could sound just like this :)

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Sit your parents down and explain to them how a vehicle works. Once they understand how it all works, they should be able to see how a better flowing exhaust is not damaging to the rest of the car.

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Get new parents?

Assure them that their is no negative consenquences and that your MPG's will increase with the higher exhaust flow. Tell your parents that they didn't come from the factory like that so it doesn't move into the GT's appearance and hurt the GT sales.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Get new parents?

Assure them that their is no negative consenquences and that your MPG's will increase with the higher exhaust flow. Tell your parents that they didn't come from the factory like that so it doesn't move into the GT's appearance and hurt the GT sales.
HAHA! This is a very valid point. It is really just my mom that needs convincing, my dad worked on cars as a kid, and had a mustang, AND HE MODDIFIED IT!! Probably cuz it was not new though. Thanks again everyone for your input.

·
Registered
316 Posts
yea yo what an exhaust does is just let the "exhaust" flow out of your car which is garbage basically. So Explain to them that it doesnt effect the rest of the car it just lets the gases flow out. your car does it anyway with an aftermarket exhaust its just going to be done in a different more efficient way and its going to sound different because it has different pipes and mufflers that dont block the sound as much. And tell them you like the sounds and looks of it. You could also say you want it to sound like a gt but be your safer bc you have a v6 or something like that.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Just tell them "Due to an increase in gas prices, dual exhaust will help better give the car a better flow and give better mpg." If you also use it with a CAI & tuner, like above said, you're in!! Hopefully. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Why do they have control over your car in the first place? Stop letting them control you and just do it.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
I am guessing that the parents own his car and he lives under their roof. Pay it off, then mod it guy.

No sense in modding a car that can be pulled away from you at a moments notice. Safe your money and go big once you own the car.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Sorry dude, if it's your car (you bought it) then do what you want. If it's their car and you just drive it, then do what your parents say.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts