Modded Mustang Forums banner

HELP engine timing problem

567 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  GreenFaleen 
#1 ·
I'm trying to put the front cover back on my 98 3.8L engine. I need a FORD special tool to align the cam position sensor. Does anyone in the MA south shore area have a synchro positioning tool. I need it ASAP. Hes anyone run into this problem before?

#4 ·
Thanks for nothing, FORD!

Yeah, I called 3 Auto Zones and the first 2 basically told me nothing just oh... That sucks! The third one said they didn't have it but I could buy it through them for less than $30. So I should have it in two or three days. Problem solved- Just add money! Ta-da... Thank you- FORD!:mad:

#6 ·
Yeah, I called 3 Auto Zones and the first 2 basically told me nothing just oh... That sucks! The third one said they didn't have it but I could buy it through them for less than $30. So I should have it in two or three days. Problem solved- Just add money! Ta-da... Thank you- FORD!:mad:
lol, sometimes if you talk to a district manager they will buy the tool for the store rent program and let you rent it FYI, but if it is something you dont mind spending the money on go for it lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.