Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well got everything set up and im almost done putting on the new steering shaft and its waaaay too long. is that normal or am I supposed to cut it shorter ive just had enough with all of this :mad:

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
so what do i do then i dont get it i thought this was supposed to just all bolt together and match up? the shaft kit i have is just 2 u joints and a shaft to connect them with a smaller shaft with a hole in it for the bolt that was removed.

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mine isnt the collapseable no springs just a steel shaft im thinking im supposed to cut it to length though theres no way i can get it to fit. i shouldve just gone to a shop and paid but i like to do it myself lol got the car aligned and everything and i cant get the steering shaft on again. So if it looks like the dd shaft i can cut it to length correct?

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks man for the info i will get to it tomorrow hopefully ill be driving this car again tomorrow evening how far did you have the first u joint seated on the rack all the way or a gap at the bottom. When im done im taking a few pics theres no pics of this set-up anywhere for reference

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i wish i had a video when i saw it didnt fit i thought it was supposed to join together and be good its all good ill keep everyone posted. did you guys just use regular red lock tite or should i get something different

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.