Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several very low mileae Mustangs on my radar, and plan to actually make a purchase in the next few days. I have some questions since I've never owned a Mustang before. In no particular order....
  • Used 2007 vs a neww 2008 (or even new 2007)? Obviously an '08 would be more. Seems I get much more for the money buying a used low mile 2007. agree or disagree ?
  • Do the warranties stay with the car. That is, if I buy used do I get the remainder of the warranty, regardless of where I bought it ?
  • I think ABS and traction control are a must. Would you agree?
  • I need this as a daily driver, so high end version or V-8 is out of the running for now. Any pitfalls with the V-6 ?
  • I'd really like the ful gauge cluster. Is it looks only or does it make a difference?
  • The Shaker stero w/ 6 disc changer seems like the right way to go. It's a want to have, but not a need to have.
  • I've always trusted Edmunds.com for their pricing. Any reason to think 16-18K, depending on options is a good price ?
This is my car before my mid-life crisis car, so I want it to be fun, but somewhat practical. Here's one under consideration....

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Welcome to the forums.
all your choices sounds pretty good.

the only pit fall of the v6 is that it is not that fast from the factory and since you want a mid life crisis car I think a GT might be the better choice.
but the v6 is still a cool car and be made fast with money

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
please trust me when i say buy a mustang gt and not a v6!!

instead of an 07-08 v6 just buy a 05-06 gt, itll be a couple grand more still but itll be so much more worth it

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
alot of people have said the difference in gas mileage between the gt and the v6 are not much, and insurance as well...but the gt has alot more power and you would probably be happier with that

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow...thanks...I really didn't expect so many replies so fast.

I;d love a GT bad, but I think that's my next car. There is a secondary reason for the V-6. I have 2 boys. The one in college now is getting my current car. My other sone is 15. When he goes to college in 3 years, it's my plan to give him the Mustang. A V-8 mustang in the hands of a 19 year old scares most fathers. Plus he'd never be able to afford the insurance. So after this car goes to son #2, then the GT is the next purchase.

Thanks for the quick replies & insights.

Z

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
To each is own.. and I hear ya on the 19 year old thing.
I have a daughter myself
you can do 120mph in a v6 just as well as you can in a GT.
and the insurance actually is not that big Of a difference.
I owned a 2001 v6 mustang and then bought a 2001 GT and I got a multi car
discount and ended up paying a little less than I was before.
but If you are set on the v6 it's still a great base car to start with. best of luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts