Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several very low mileae Mustangs on my radar, and plan to actually make a purchase in the next few days. I have some questions since I've never owned a Mustang before. In no particular order....
  • Used 2007 vs a neww 2008 (or even new 2007)? Obviously an '08 would be more. Seems I get much more for the money buying a used low mile 2007. agree or disagree ?
  • Do the warranties stay with the car. That is, if I buy used do I get the remainder of the warranty, regardless of where I bought it ?
  • I think ABS and traction control are a must. Would you agree?
  • I need this as a daily driver, so high end version or V-8 is out of the running for now. Any pitfalls with the V-6 ?
  • I'd really like the ful gauge cluster. Is it looks only or does it make a difference?
  • The Shaker stero w/ 6 disc changer seems like the right way to go. It's a want to have, but not a need to have.
  • I've always trusted Edmunds.com for their pricing. Any reason to think 16-18K, depending on options is a good price ?
This is my car before my mid-life crisis car, so I want it to be fun, but somewhat practical. Here's one under consideration....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow...thanks...I really didn't expect so many replies so fast.

I;d love a GT bad, but I think that's my next car. There is a secondary reason for the V-6. I have 2 boys. The one in college now is getting my current car. My other sone is 15. When he goes to college in 3 years, it's my plan to give him the Mustang. A V-8 mustang in the hands of a 19 year old scares most fathers. Plus he'd never be able to afford the insurance. So after this car goes to son #2, then the GT is the next purchase.

Thanks for the quick replies & insights.

Z

1 - 2 of 2 Posts