Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, seems i have a huge problem!

I can not shift into 3rd or 4th gear.
I was racing and broke something and im very worried. When I shift from 2nd to 3rd it feels like im going into neutral still. It doesn't grab or take any effort to go up. Same with 4th. It's like going from 2 to neutral to neutral to 5th. Did my 3rd and 4th gear blow out? Do I need a new tranny? This is my daily driver please help! :( Thanks

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i know you guys are up cmon! im not getting a t56 btw, just not worth it. i dont have 600 horsepower plans. im saving up for a termy. im guessing i need a rebuild? $600-900 maybe?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
sounds like you borke a shift fork...not a hard or expensive part to replace, getting to it is...not sure what they would charge at a tranny shop, i would say below 500

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know whats going through my mind right now? "Please dont have to redo the headers, please dont have to redo the headers please dont have to redo the headers!"

·
Registered
512 Posts
i think i had the same prob i was racing throw it in 2nd went to throw it into 3rd and it was nothing and i blew my clutch and my pressure plate was all ****ed up :( to be honest if you can do headers you can do your clutch imo i hadent ever went that deep and i took the tranny out and put a new cluth kit in in less then 12 hours was pretty easy, make sure its the clutch before you go and do all that but the worse you can do is take it out and find out it is the tranny, i think you could easly do it on a sat put it back in on a sun or worse take it to a tranny shop on monday if you plan it all right should turn out fine

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
broken shift fork. i have broke 4 or 5:(. its a common thing to break. working with headers can be a bitch! i have mac and have to loosen the passenger side completely pretty much.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah im thinking its a bent shift fork but after reading the clutch and pressure plate ill have to check it out.

btw i have an offer that was thrown at me if i needed: a t45 with under 9,000 miles on it for $400. should i take it or just fix up mine now.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
highly doubt if its bent, more than likely cracked or broke. depending on condition of the trans, i would think that its a decent price.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good stuff guys thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts