Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hooking up a Autometer C2 tach and shift light on my 01 mustang.. I've been told by many you don't have to have a tach driver... I hooked up black, red, white, and tried to hook up gree wire but I believe its on the wrong wire... I can push red button on tach and it shows when the shift light should come on and I can pull the headlight knob and back light will light up but I go to turn on car and the tach never moves off zero.. If someone knows which wire to hook green into please let me know thanks..

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Hook your green wire onto the green wire off coil #8 (closest to driver). ORRRRR hook it up to pin #26. should be a lime green wire with a white stripe. ORR you can hook it up off your original tach. Why the hell do you have 2 tachs anyways?

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
I looked around and thought you couldnt do it with out the autometer tach driver but who knows. Works well with the tach driver though.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
And the stock tach is off about 50 rpm. hard to even see but not enough to need a aftermarket one but there cool :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm hooking up a Autometer C2 tach and shift light on my 01 mustang.. I've been told by many you don't have to have a tach driver... I hooked up black, red, white, and tried to hook up gree wire but I believe its on the wrong wire... I can push red button on tach and it shows when the shift light should come on and I can pull the headlight knob and back light will light up but I go to turn on car and the tach never moves off zero.. If someone knows which wire to hook green into please let me know thanks..
that's how i had to do it i couldn't get it to work any other way:dunno

1 - 8 of 8 Posts