Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ii've decided to go with an NA mustang gt. And to be honest my knowledge of suspension is limited to this... lowering springs make it lower. So what i'm looking for is a suspension 101. I'm shopping for something that will make my car stiff and sturdy around turns, but something also that will get me down the strip as quickly as possible. Can anybody educate me?

·
Registered
600 Posts
not sure about corners but for the strip adjustable upper and lower control arms are a good start. They get rid of wheel hop and you can set your pinion angle. I think the best pinion angle is about -3degrees. Also subframe connectors are very good to get rid of roll. I'm guessing for corners some good shocks and struts like QA1 would be good.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
not sure about corners but for the strip adjustable upper and lower control arms are a good start. They get rid of wheel hop and you can set your pinion angle.
I wouldn't mind setting my pinion angle, but I never experienced wheel hop from the stock suspension.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I wouldn't mind setting my pinion angle, but I never experienced wheel hop from the stock suspension.
+1 I've considered getting upper and lower control arm, but the justification alway seems to be is that they control wheel hop. I run street tires and do not have wheel hop. If changing the penion angle changes the way the weight transfers to the rear wheels, then they would be worth it. But, no one has ever said that. That's why upper and lower control arms has become a lower priority for me.

·
Registered
748 Posts
change in pinion angle will keep you form wearing out ujoints and such being lowered....and it provides better trnasfer of power to the rear.

nice strong swaybars with soft (low rate) springs for the corners, or hard (high rate) springs with softer swaybars.

control arms and a panhard bar will help alot for drag strip and cornrerign by keeping the rear located perfectly.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Depending on your budget I would suggest the following:

Use these double adjustable uppers with a set of solid lowers w/ Urethane bushings. Also install Urethane Rear End Bushings & Urethane Rear Spring Isolators. Check out the link below.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/muscle-motors-performance/52800-mustang-upper-lower-control-arm-kit-only-169-99-shipped-your-door.html

We can do the following:

Rear Lower Control Arms (red or black)
Rear Double Adjustable Upper Control Arms
Rear Urethane Spring Isolators
Rear Urethane Rear End Bushings

$309.98 shipped to your door.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
springs, shocks, upper and lower control arms, sub frame connectors, for starters

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Did a 1.66 60' with 147k on a stock suspension with 17" MT DR's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts