1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I just recently bought a Innova Ford Code Reader and hooked it up to my 5.0

The codes I got were:

I looked up the codes in the manual but it doesn't really indicate what to look at to find the problem, at least not in a way that I can understand.

So I come to you fellow Mustangers.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
54 - Intake Air Temperature/Air Charge Temperature Circuit Open (M,O,R)
81 - Secondary Air Diverter Circuit Failure (O)
82 - Secondary Air Bypass Circuit Failure (O)
85 - CANP Circuit Failure (O)
95 - Fuel Pump Circuit Open-PCM To Motor Ground (M,O)

That's if that code reader uses the ford factory code numbers. No idea if it does or not, so you may want to find that out, or just do the self test and count the check engine light flashes to be sure.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The manual listed all of those as well, but I'm not quite sure what each of them indicates needs fixing.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
54 is your ACT sensor on the number 5 intake runner on the manifold. 81 and 82 are for your emissions solenoids that are behind the passenger side shock tower. If you've eliminated any of the smog system or EGR these will pop up. 85 is your evap canister I believe. And 95 I really have yet to figure out. It seems like a broad explanation so I'm not too sure what it means by that. Maybe someone that's had that code and fixed it could give you a little more insight on it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The smog stuff is removed from my car so what can I do to deal with 81 & 82?

And can anyone else give insight into what would cause 85 & 95?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Nothing you can do about 81 and 82 other than a tuner or chip that turns them off in the EEC and shuts off the check engine light. They won't hurt anything as is, as long as you have all the vacuum lines capped off properly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have noticed that after running the car it does have a gassy smell to it.
I'm wondering if this is because I don't have an evap canister, but I will either have to pay around $60 for one or take a chance with a junkyard one.

Do I need the evap canister or can I just run the vapor line from the tank into the intake? Will that cause any problems?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts