Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90 GT that will die after driving it awhile. We have found the problem to be no spark. After replacing the ignition module, coil, and installing a new cap and rotor, the problem returned. After replacing these things, I drove the car on 6 separate occassions and had no problems, then drove the car for about 25 minutes, parked it, and let it sit for about 35 to 40 minutes. When I started driving the car again, after about 3 minutes , it died and wouldn't refire. I returned to the car 3 hours later and it fired right up and drove home. Anyone have any ideas? I really appreciate any advice you can give!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume that you are talking about the pickup. I never thought of that, and the symptoms of a bad pickup are defintely what I have. I will replace it tomorrow. Thank you very much for your help. I will let you know if it works.

·
Registered
338 Posts
be sure to check bulk connectors on back of intake for corrosion.also harness around brake booster for chafes. fuse links at starter relay and one by brake booster.I have seen sig return ground fault do this can jump a ground at self test connector gy/r. keep us posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up buying a reman distributor for only $60 instead of going through the trouble of changing the pickup. Also checked the connections you discussed and found a small amount of corrosion on the back of the intake. I cleaned it off and since haven't had any problems. I will drive it more this week and hopefully not have any trouble. Thanks again for your help. I've been racking my brain for a month trying to figure this out!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts