Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plasti dipped my fake gas cap, the Mustang on the grill, then took off my license plate bracket and dipped it. I need an intervention before I decide that my red 'Stang is boring, and a matte black one is better.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Too funny, I had a dupli-color bed liner addiction with my Xterra. Plasti-dip seems pretty popular... how does it hold up with abuse? For instance if you dipped your bumper and tapped a car parallel parking would it hold up?

Regards

·
BaggedandBlown
152 Posts
haha ok heres your intervention, plasti dip is a cheap and tacky way to try and modify your car. hope this helps

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
Looks alright to me. :dunno

·
Lexus FTW
4,411 Posts
haha ok heres your intervention, plasti dip is a cheap and tacky way to try and modify your car. hope this helps
I agree and disagree. If you take your time and do little things with it it can actually come out quite well like OP. Its when you try and do your whole car or stripes (ask me how I know :shiftyeyes ) that it comes out looking cheaper and tacky. OP it looks good and this plasti dip can go through some real abuse. I put some on my DD 4 months ago and it's still on there with no signs or coming off. Washed it many times

·
Keep Moving Forward
1,006 Posts
Yeah that looks pretty good. I'd probably stop there with it though. Too much more and it will be over-the-top.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, that's it. I gave my precious can of Plasti Dip to a friend, who is going to do his emblems. I'm free! Yeah, and I agree about the whole car thing. I could see Plasti Dipping a beater with a bad paint job, but not a car with a nice paint job already. That said, I've never seen a fully plasti dipped painted car up close.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've never Plasti-diped anything before but am going to try it. Has anyone done the section of the trunk between the taillights? I'm thinking it would look at least as good as the magnetic deal that AM sells. And you wouldn't have to worry about fit either.

Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Plasti-dip is so addicting... went through a plasti-dip phase myself. I agree with not using it on a car with a nice new paint job. I did it on my 97 grand marquis cause the paint on the roof and trunk has seen its better days. Its' fun to mess with though, and alpha car looks great.

·
MoM Fanatic
5,056 Posts
I agree and disagree. If you take your time and do little things with it it can actually come out quite well like OP. Its when you try and do your whole car or stripes (ask me how I know :shiftyeyes ) that it comes out looking cheaper and tacky. OP it looks good and this plasti dip can go through some real abuse. I put some on my DD 4 months ago and it's still on there with no signs or coming off. Washed it many times
What you talking bout?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts