Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short I got a 82 Capri off ebay it was abandoned so I have no title just a bill of sale and the original paper work from the police department allowing the car to be towed away by the towing company.....Now I'm trying to get in registered In Fla....and they want a title..what can I do to solve this...How do I get a title for this car....It's runs it's in good shape just got to make it legal...Hlep me out guys...What can I do?????

·
Anatidaephobic
2,370 Posts
find a wrecked 81 capri and buy it then use that title. :dunno

thats what my uncle did at least haha probably illegal tho

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am hoping that I can get it done with the paper work that I have....I have the police paper work and the bill of sale

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You would think it would be that easy...but both DMV's that I have asked have been giving me the run around

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
you can take that chance,but think about what happens if you get caught.same as a stolen car.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
run the vin through the dmv and request a replacement title.

then the dmv will have to verify that you own the car legally by the police departments paperwork or whatever else you have

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
dmv ticket records are natiowide.title records are not.i had a car abandoned at my shop and got an abandoned car title.told them it had been there a year.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Here in Oklahome we have what is Called Title 42, What it does is for us garages. When a customer dosnt pay for there car we can owned there car after 30 days for storage and labor /Part due. then in 60 das we get a clean Oklahoma Title. Might ask your local garage/Towing service to see what they do in Fl.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
in va we have to send a registered letter to last owner.if it comes back unanswered we get a title.if we have to go to court they have option to pay the bill and get the car back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I spent three years in Oklahoma...I lived in moore just off Sooner....that's a cool place wish I was still there...I'll look into what Florida does.....Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had this problem last week. I called the DMV of the state it was last titled in and had them walk me thru the process ONLINE to get the proper paperwork to get a search done by them. You need to prove that no one is trying to find it and that no one has reported it stolen. It cost 2 dollars and a stamp. and I got an official paper back in the mail saying the car fell out of their data base, perfect and all legal! Thats it! I took that paper to the DMV and told them my situation, and before I knew it I had plates and a temp title/regis. Got the real title about 3 weeks later. Hope that helps.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts