Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,

So spring has given me a big modding itch.

So I purchased the Raptor Shift Light, the Speed of Sound center gauge pod and the Water Temp Gauge, the Volt Gauge, and the Air/Fuel Gauge.

Does anyone have any of these and could you give me any advice on the best way to install any of these?

I'm totally lost with the Air/Guel Gauge.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i'd help ya, but i don't have
experience with any of those
particular gauges

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I was looking for a way to run a small wire for a switch to my fog lights through the drivers side firewall and there seems to be no open holes for us to use... I guess you are going to have to drill and grommet an opening so you can pass the lines into the interior.... aren't there any instructions with the gauges?

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Im not a big fan of drilling holes in the firewall. I got all mine to fit through the factory hole/grommet. The air/fuel guage hooks onto you 02 sensor wires to get a reading on it. As for the power wires. I ran all mine of the headlight switch so they light up when my headlights do ( I believe its a green wire with a black tracer on it, but dont quote me on it ) and I would make a new ground for all of them.

·
Registered
991 Posts
ok guys..i ran my gauges and nitrous window switch and wot swtich..i have volts and a/f and oil press..ok there is a opening in the fire wall behind the soft stuff...if you are sitting in the drivers sit...its over your left foot most of the way up the firewall..pull back on the soft **** and thers is a hole in the fire wall that goes right into the enigne bay..and has for running the gauges like to power and what not...i got a thing called add a circuit for the auto parts store and it just goes right into the fuse panel..i run mine to the passagers side fuse panel down behind the kick panel...there are three openings two are switched sources and one is hot all the time...i ran all three of my gauges too it and i have no problems at all...i dont know if you have gauges with lights for at night but i am sure you do..i hooked them up too the light switch so they turn on when i turn my lights on but they are on the wire that also controls the light on the dash to dim so the gauges dim with im factory gauges...let me know if you need to know what wire is what.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts