Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed my slp IIs last night but couldnt fiqure out how the hell to get to mid-pipe bolts i only got one out what do i need to do to get those bolts out and get this job done

·
Registered
56 Posts
if you have a blow torch use that, that loosened mine right up, be careful not to burn your car up though :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont have a blow torch i just cant get to the bolts on the right side i spent hours on it just to get nowhere is this suppose to be an easy install?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, this is my first post here but I was where you are a month ago and have been watching this board for several months.

Anyway, you will need an universal with a couple extensions. Remember to disconnect your battery in case you lose the socket and it falls against the starter (it can happen). It is very frustrating without the universal. I used a half inch.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
129 Posts
the stock pipe on the right side is kind of a bitch it has a weird bend that make the nuts hard to get too but the aftermarket one will go in very nicely!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi, this is my first post here but I was where you are a month ago and have been watching this board for several months.

Anyway, you will need an universal with a couple extensions. Remember to disconnect your battery in case you lose the socket and it falls against the starter (it can happen). It is very frustrating without the universal. I used a half inch.

Hope this helps.
^+1000
Use a universal pivot, and a 6" and 3" extensions, and dont forget the battery, i fried mine doing the same thing with the same problems your having
fried the starter that is

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
6" and 3" got it and yeah when i first started i hit the starter and it cranked it scared the **** out of me

·
Registered
975 Posts
universals and extenions and wd 40 are your best friends on mustang installs period imo

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
+1 on the wd-40,extensions, and universals!!!
some good extensions, universals, and wd-40will help you say:waveto stuck bolts and make you feel like a :pimp with hard to reach places...your car can no longer:spank you can tell your car to:blowme

i :huggood tools

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
lol...if you cant fix it with a hammer you heve an electrical promlem <-- rule to live by

·
Registered
26 Posts
Use PB Blaster.

And when you get the other pipe on leave all the nuts loose and jack the exhaust up and then tighten. Otherwise your exhaust will hang lower than the body of the car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts