Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ok got my new TB on and I turned the screw to the right to make it idle lower but it didnt do anything and I was afraid to turn it to much so am I dumb or what?

Also how do you get a door open when neither handle will work? The outside handle doesnt work and the inside doesnt lol so any help would be great thanks guys

sorry im so .....slow:(

P.S. its still idlin at 3k or it was when I first started which it wasnt warmed up yet or anything

going to go change spark plugs now

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Turn it until it bottoms out the throttle blade shaft. If it is still idling high, your problem is the IAC motor (the small cylinder shaped thing on the front of the throttle body. Could also be a vacuum leak.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turn it until it bottoms out the throttle blade shaft. If it is still idling high, your problem is the IAC motor (the small cylinder shaped thing on the front of the throttle body. Could also be a vacuum leak.
Ok the black thing ontop? or the silver thing on the side im guesing you mean the black thing

Ok how do I fix it? Like what am I supposed to be lookin for? Or how do I try and fix it thanks man your the best!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
its the thing on the side

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
get a new one

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
The first thing I would do is take it off and clean it out with some brake cleaner. Let it dry and try it again.

however, at 3000 rpms I think you probably have a vacuum leak somewhere. Like that EGR gasket?

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The first thing I would do is take it off and clean it out with some brake cleaner. Let it dry and try it again.

however, at 3000 rpms I think you probably have a vacuum leak somewhere. Like that EGR gasket?
Damn im gonna kick my self in the butt if its that EGR gasket and I shoulda went ahead and replaced it the first time lol well I'll have to do it tomorrow but if it was that wouldnt it like leak or somethin what else could it be? like vaccum wise?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Def a vacuum leak. Most of the time when it idles that high it is a vacuum leak but the IAC could help out on the high idle. There should be a rod when you take off the handle try grabbing that rod with a pair of pliers and pull it

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Def a vacuum leak. Most of the time when it idles that high it is a vacuum leak but the IAC could help out on the high idle. There should be a rod when you take off the handle try grabbing that rod with a pair of pliers and pull it

Ok thanks man!!!
Where should I look for a vaccum leak im really sure about that at all lol I would have no idea where to look

·
Registered
30 Posts
well start where most common. I would start around your TB since you recently messed with it. also around your EGR valve. try around your lower intake where you vaccuum tree is on the firewall. Check your PCV valve see if it is still connected. Also just look around your engine for hoses and try to follow all of them and see if you see or hear a leak. Finding a vacuum leak can be hard. Sometimes it is easier just to replace all your hose. Just take a squirt bottle ( like a window cleaner bottle) and fill it with water and a little soap. Spray aroun your TB and EGR where you gaskets meet and see if you engine idles down or kinda changes. If it does you know you are close to the culprit

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well start where most common. I would start around your TB since you recently messed with it. also around your EGR valve. try around your lower intake where you vaccuum tree is on the firewall. Check your PCV valve see if it is still connected. Also just look around your engine for hoses and try to follow all of them and see if you see or hear a leak. Finding a vacuum leak can be hard. Sometimes it is easier just to replace all your hose. Just take a squirt bottle ( like a window cleaner bottle) and fill it with water and a little soap. Spray aroun your TB and EGR where you gaskets meet and see if you engine idles down or kinda changes. If it does you know you are close to the culprit
Awsome thanks man I gave you rep for the great help one more question sorry still learning wheres the vaccum tree on the firewall lol? and also PCV Valve?

How much does it cost to replace all the hoses?

·
Registered
30 Posts
your vacuum tree is if you are looking at your motor look to the upper right. You will see a little tree mounted on the back firewall with 4 nipples It should have 1 or 2 plugged off. One will go to your brake booster and another to the back of your intake. Your PCV valve is hard to see. If you look behind your upper intake you will see wha they call 10 pin connector ( salt and pepper shakers, cause thats what they look like) move that and look down. You will see a hose running into the back of your lower intake. If you pull that there is a little valve connected. Once you pull that if you look down in the intake you will see a little metal mesh screen ( then you know you pulled the right thing) take out the PCV valve and shake it (since you have it out if it is bad good time to replace it) if it rattles it is good if it dont replace it. Anyway alos check the hose connecting to the PCV for cracks or leaks. Hoses arent expensive. Go to autozone bring with you the hoses that look cracked and compare to new ones (to get the right length and diameter) and just replace.10 bucks I would say covers it easily

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
you might try spraying carb cleaner instead of soapy water....i would rather have that going into my engine....and it definitely makes an idle change

·
Registered
371 Posts
you might try spraying carb cleaner instead of soapy water....i would rather have that going into my engine....and it definitely makes an idle change

+1 on the carb cleaner and while your in there clean up that engine bay, haha

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
+1 on the carb cleaner and while your in there clean up that engine bay, haha
HAHA GREAT POINT

ok so what does the engine do jump up in idle or down or will I just know when hit the spot?

P.S. carb cleaner cleans the engine bay i thought that was hvy engine degreaser?

·
Registered
91 Posts
HAHA GREAT POINT

ok so what does the engine do jump up in idle or down or will I just know when hit the spot?

P.S. carb cleaner cleans the engine bay i thought that was hvy engine degreaser?
carb cleaner cleans and takes the paint off of almost everything you spray it on!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts