Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Razor's Edge
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my buddy has a 90 notch back with a 331 stroker in it. The guy told him it was running about 10.1 compression but there is no way in telling with out taking it in somewhere. he only wants 5000 for the car and it has a c4 tranny with...well i can't remember what it was call but its an auto you have to shift your self and its reversed so you have to shift from first to second by pulling back. Damn i sound like such a newbie :blah anyway i really would like to put a 347 stroker in but would it cost to much money. How much would i have to change would it be just the crank. Gimmie some good feed back....i really want to get it street because it would be considered a daily driver. I also want a 6 speed......thanks guys/

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
First off welcome to the site

You could change to a 347 by just switching cranks. it will problly cost somewere in ther nature of $600 and to change from that tranny to manual you will need to do alot of swapping but there is a stick on here about the same thing your looking to do I will link you to it give me a second

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
A 331 uses different crank, rods and pistons. Don't waste your time or your money. If you were starting from scratch and had to choose between a 331 and 347 I'd go 347 all the way. However, you have a good running engine and it would not be cost effective to tear it apart to gain 16 cubic inches.

·
The Razor's Edge
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i was getting ready to ask how much the labor would be. The engine in his car runs kinda rough but i think the carb needs to be rebuilt....

·
The Razor's Edge
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i believe that is just a reverse manual valve body on the C4.

yeah i think thats about right

·
The Razor's Edge
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how hard is it to swich the carb to fuel injected i heard you can get a carb with fuel injectors in it. Would that make the car run smoother. I might be driving it on the highway alot im in the navy and i live 270 miles from my home town i would like to drive it to norfolk and show it off. Thats why i really want a six speed too other wise i would get a 5

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
The link is for either 5 or 6speed doesnt matter they do make it easy to switch over to carb there is a few people in here who have done it. I sure fuel injection runs smoother though

·
The Razor's Edge
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how much do you think i could see the 331 for...right off the top of you head i know that it matters whats in it and also i wanna sell the tranny i think i a might just try and find a clean shell and **** my buddys car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts