Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a carb for my 347. I have found three here locally on craigslist all reasonable price and look to be in good shape. the car will be mostly a fun street car might see the track 3 times a year. i am looking at the following three

650 Holley Hp
Holley double pumper

750 Demon, can buy the 650 listed below and trade him
demon 750 carb trade for 650

650 Dp
650 Holley Double Pumper w/ 2" spacer

What are your opinions?

·
Registered
118 Posts
id look into the summit brand carbs there around 250 new and there made by holley just a older design i have a 750 electric choke model on my 331 and its great

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Carb #1, hands down!

·
Registered
304 Posts
There's a lot more that goes into selecting a carb then just engine size, what heads, cam, intake, and headers are you using? Is your car auto (what stall speed) or manual, and what's your rear gear rear end ratio.

For a street vehicle it's better to go to small instead of to big because you'll get a stronger booster signal that's improves low end performance and drivability, for the same reasons I'd recommend a vacuum secondary carb instead of a mechanical secondary carb.

This carburetor selector from Holley might be helpful, it doesn't account for the actual airflow of your heads but it's a good way to ballpark things: Holley Carburetor Selector

1 - 5 of 5 Posts