Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to order two gauges tommorow. I already bought my WB and have two slots left. I have one slot left on my SOS pillar and one on my autometer dash. I already have boost, and was planning on getting Fuel Pressure.

So I have to choose one more. I was leaning towards EGT but dont know.

Any help?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Oil Pressure, coolant temp.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wont EGT help more or will it be enough with the wideband?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
oil pressure, water temp are going to be the most popular answer and although they are very important, I have had no issues with any stock water temp(may not be as accurate, but HOT is HOT) and more than likely you will not catch an oil pressure problem soon enough. As far as oil pressure I have either a low pressure switch wired into the iginition to shutdown the engine at 5psi or a yellow shift light that lights at 5 psi on my high horsepower toy's(boats and tractor pull toy's). you will get answers on what people feel that is most important to them, for me it is iat's. gives me a great idea of what my power level is at that moment.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok guys, last night I installed my speedhut gauges, still have to install the oil pressure sensor. I have a question for my wideband

I got the AEM Uego, where should I run it for power? I was thinking of connecting with the speedhut power cables but was told that the WB needs more power. Also my Fuel PSI read 10 when the car was off with ignition on

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I 3rd the oil pressure and the coolant. You really want to keep a good eye on the oil and coolant with the 4.6 modular motors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts